From: Jeffrey Behrendt
Subject: Your Uncontested Divorce
If you and your spouse have separated, you may want to get a divorce and move on with your life.
If you and your spouse have resolved all issues between the two of you, and you simply want a divorce, what you are looking for is called an “uncontested divorce.”
An uncontested divorce simply ends your marriage, freeing you to close an old chapter of your life, and to move on to a new one.
You’re probably asking yourself….Why should I use Jeffrey Behrendt for my Ontario uncontested divorce?
Let me give you four great reasons:
Reason one: Expertise. We are a law firm, not a document preparation firm. All of your divorce papers will be checked thoroughly by a lawyer.
Reason two: Your peace of mind. We only practice family law. Not some of this type of law, some of that type of law, and some divorces on the side. This is our area of expertise.
Reason three: You’ll save time. If you handled your uncontested divorce by yourself, you’d have to spend a lot of time learning about court procedures, court rules and court forms. I’m sure you have better things to do with your time than this.
Reason four: We’re here to help you every step of the way. If any questions or difficulties arise, we’ll do everything we can to resolve them.
But you’re a law firm – won’t this be very expensive?
NO! In fact, our services are cheaper than those offered by many non-law firms. The cost of this is $1600 + hst. This includes the $466 in court fees and all disbursements.
Here’s what to do next…
Contact us and we will email you a form to complete to obtain the information I need. Please fill it out and return it to me with payment. And within a short time your uncontested divorce will be started.
But before you order your uncontested divorce for Ontario, please review the requirements:
1. I am only handling an uncontested divorce for you. I am not providing you with any legal advice as to your family law rights and obligations.
2. You must have been separated from your spouse for at least one year. That’s the law – I can’t change it!
3. You or your spouse must have lived in Ontario for the last year.
4. You must know where your spouse is living.
5. There must be no issues — such as child custody, support or property division — that need to be resolved between you and your spouse.
6. This is only for an uncontested divorce. If the divorce is contested, then you can decide whether you want us to represent you at our regular rates, someone else to represent you, or whether you will represent yourself. Regardless of what happens, we will complete and file all the paperwork for your divorce.
7. At the moment, we can only offer this service in Ottawa and the Greater Toronto Area.
P.S. I know that this is a difficult and uncertain time for you. By acting right away, your divorce will be completed earlier, and you’ll be free to move on with your life.
You're Invited to Call or E-Mail!
If you are considering divorce in Ottawa or the surrounding area -- or have already made your decision -- you're invited to email or call us. We'll explain how you can protect your legal rights, reduce the expense of divorce, and protect your children from undue emotional stress. Click here to contact us