Child Support Archive

Child Support

"Do I have to pay child support?" Normally yes, you must pay child support, if you are the non-custodial or non-principal residence parent. "How much child

7 ways to pay less child support

1. Undue hardship – If paying the table amount of child support would cause you undue financial hardship, you may pay less. However, this is hard

Life Insurance

"Do I need to get life insurance because of my divorce?" If you are required to pay child support or spousal support, then you will normally

Family Responsibility Office (FRO)

Background The job of the Family Responsibility Office is to enforce child and spousal support orders in Ontario. It collects support from support payors, and gives

Ending Child Support in Canada

QUESTION: My daughter will be 23 in February and will graduate with her degree from the University of Toronto in April of this year. Communication with

Shared Custody Normally Means Reduced Child Support

The amount of child support that should be paid in cases where both parents spend approximately equal amounts of time with their children has always been

Imputing Income for Child Support

If a child support or spousal support payor’s income is reduced, the court is permitted to imputed income to the person for purposes of support calculations.

Bankruptcy, Child Support, and Spousal Support

Child support and spousal support owed under a court order or separation agreement are “provable” in bankruptcy. This means that if you are owed child support

6 Ways to Reduce Your Income Taxes on Divorce

A separation or divorce can have a significant impact on the income tax you must pay. Here are 6 ways by which you can reduce the

Income Taxes and Divorce

Will I be able to deduct Canadian family law child support payments? Unless you are paying child support in Canada under an order made before May

Child Support Cases – Adult Children

Charron v. Fulham Between Lise Charron, applicant, and Donald Joseph Fulham, a.k.a. John Smith, respondent [2004] O.J. No. 1351 Court File No. 24891/98A Ontario Superior Court