Predictable! (sigh)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dinkyface

New member
Another little rant...

Starting to plan 2wk europe trip with DD to visit grandparents this summer, so last week I asked for CP's consent for May or June travel.

We each have 14d summer travel, plus 2x7d additional travel (not necessarily summer). Consent not to be witheld unreasonably. All summer travel is to be finalised by June 1. This year CP has first pick of weeks.

And the answer comes back: "I'll let you know on June 1."

Now since DD has to be home for the last week in June (don't ask), this means that I'd get at most 10 days notice to book a June fare. In other words... NO.

So predictable.

Suggestions are welcome from any who have been through this tedious little process!
 
Last edited:
If it's not classified as summer travel then I don't see why you have to wait till jun1 to find out.
Can the additional travel of 2x7 days be combined? If it doesn't state that then I don't see what the issues are here.
I would probably ask again if you can hear back regarding your trip as soon as possible.
That sucks that it comes down to this...
 
Our court order doesn't specifically say when 'summer' is, and DD is not yet in school, so there is no 'summer break'.
The 2x7d cannot be consecutive.

Truly, I'd be scrambling and shocked if she agreed! All just a stupid dance. Last year, I initiated the planning in Feb, and the trip occurred in Aug! (6 months of obstruction!)
 
Summer doesn't start until June 21 so, if you could combine the 2x7 days, you shouldn't have to wait until June 1.

By the way, what does DD stand for?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top