Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

Closed Thread

Old 04-30-2010, 04:03 PM

CISTEAD is on a distinguished road
Default How much to include in Court Documents

I was just drafting up a Settlement Conference Brief for my finance, and I am having a hard time knowing what to include inside them. A part of me wants to respond to accusations from his exwife, and another part of me finds it all a little "low class" for lack of a better term, and it feels petty. Do the judges not get plain annoyed with people who use the courts to mudsling? If we take the high road, and ignore the stupidity, will that work in our favor?
My gut tells me not to sink to her level. However, my protective instincts make me want to fight tooth and nail.
Old 04-30-2010, 06:17 PM

logicalvelocity has a spectacular aura aboutlogicalvelocity has a spectacular aura aboutlogicalvelocity has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via Yahoo to logicalvelocity

I think the key word there is Settlement - Why not intertwine your "Offer to Settle" in relation to the facts. Keep brief and address all outstanding issues.

Leave for motion on anything urgent, in the alternative, expedited trial. Keep in mind - Settlement Conference materials are privileged from the record. An additional Offer would have to be served independently to be considered valid Offer.
Old 05-03-2010, 04:54 PM

CISTEAD is on a distinguished road

Thats exactly what I was thinking, I drafted the offer, and managed to do quite well and keep my dignity intact....thanks!
Closed Thread