Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Financial Issues

Financial Issues This forum is for discussing any of the financial issues involved in your divorce.

Old 03-08-2018, 10:15 AM

Tandem80 is on a distinguished road
Default S7 expenses whatís in your order?

Looking for any advice and tips for what should be listed in our order for section 7 expenses now that I have registered with MEP?

What do you wish you had and had not listed?

Is there a budget, do you pay x amount per month for them or do you pay per receipt?
Old 03-08-2018, 10:46 AM

rockscan will become famous soon enough

MEP is a little more sophisticated than FRO so you are already ahead of the game.

You will want a listing of section 7 expenses that you expect to incur. Like medical expenses over 100 annually after benefits have been applied; sports that you expect kids to go into at a specific amount; education expenses etc. If your ex is unreasonable, dont put stuff in there that will tempt them (like if you dont think kid will play sports, dont put it in as ex will enroll them).

Make sure the language is specific about updating income and s7 each year with an amending agreement to be provided within 30 days to mep following exchange of taxes. This is one they should suggest to everyone.

Theres really not much mire since s7 are subjective. As long as mep can use the agreement, make sure its in. You may be able to call them and ask what they run into and how to avoid difficulties.
Old 03-08-2018, 10:51 AM

So far all our order says is we will share sections 7 in proportion and that reasonable notice and consent must be obtained for any and all expenses. If reasonable notice is not provided and consent is not obtained then the other party is not eligible for contribution.

I would like a set budget for sports like $1000 a year per child. Thing is the oldest isnít in anything and hasnít been for some time. So paying x amount per month is providing her with free money....

I donít want to have to update and do a consent order every year.
Old 03-08-2018, 11:10 AM

rockscan will become famous soon enough

If your incomes change each year you will need to update but you dont have to spell it out in the order.

I would avoid the set amount per year. If she knows to ask and get permission.
Old 03-08-2018, 11:15 AM

She is trying to have that clause removed. She doesnít want my consent for anything and is fighting this hard.
Old 03-08-2018, 02:46 PM

Tayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tandem80 View Post
She is trying to have that clause removed. She doesnít want my consent for anything and is fighting this hard.
I don't like that if you eat 1 pound of bacon at every meal you will eventually get fat, develop heart disease and die.

Just like eating one pound of bacon at every meal... You don't always get what you want in life.

No matter how hard she tries... The clause is in there to ensure she doesn't eat all the bacon and do something stupid. A judge won't remove it. Nor will eating 3 pounds of bacon a day ever be healthy.
Old 03-08-2018, 02:51 PM

She is saying that I have used this clause to avoid payment of expenses. Expenses she incurs without any notice. How am I supposed to provide consent if I am not aware prior to their occurance?

She is requesting I pay upon receipt. No questions asked.
Old 03-08-2018, 03:14 PM

Tayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tandem80 View Post
She is saying that I have used this clause to avoid payment of expenses. Expenses she incurs without any notice. How am I supposed to provide consent if I am not aware prior to their occurance?

She is requesting I pay upon receipt. No questions asked.
And like I said... I want eating 3 pounds of bacon a day to be healthy. It just isn't nor will a court order you pay for "special and extraordinary" expenses without consent.

Hockey - not special nor extraordinary
Soccer - same
Dance - same

The only thing is daycare in support of employment and medical expenses that exceed $500 per year for the children. Which is super rare stuff.

There are 100's of thousands of children who don't have extracurricular activities. They are "extracurricular" and not "special" nor are they "extraordinary".

She has to go on motion, on a material change in circumstance to have the clause changed. Which is a waste of time.

GOod Luck!
Tayken
Old 03-08-2018, 03:15 PM

Have you considered simply ignoring the requests, not responding, and not fussing about this nonsense?
Old 03-08-2018, 03:56 PM

I canít because she has already filed a motion. I made an offer to settle with a budget for sports...it was a no go!