Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce Support

Divorce Support This forum is for discussing the emotional aspects of divorce: stress, anger, betrayal of trust and more.

Old 02-18-2018, 08:34 PM

kate331 is on a distinguished road

Rockscan, I am so hoping to get there. Its the being calm and emotionless, I need some work on. And changing my reaction. I hope my posts arent coming across as a Victim here, because I own half of this situation (maybe not the vicious Monster Mom Affidavit, but I own some responsibility for the fighting).

Last year S7 told his teacher at school, that when his Mommy & Daddy fight, he takes his little brother S3, and turns the TV really loud so they dont have to hear it. How sad is that??? Since then we have come a long way, but arent there yet. This court process is adding stress. And the financial strain is really stressful.

S7 has been complaining that his Dad and partner are now fighting while they think he is sleeping. Its only a matter of time before he rats them out.

We do have the resources available to us to keep communication to a minimum, and I have got almost everything in place except for the drop offs and pick up which should be done at school/daycare. I am hoping its included in the Court Order. As much as I find CAS an intrusion, they have been very helpful with resources and solutions.

Rockscan, I have read some of your posts, and I am determined not to have the kind of discourse you have with the Mother of your step-children. So feel free to keep me in line anytime and keep sharing your story so we can learn from it.
Old 02-18-2018, 09:27 PM

rockscan will become famous soon enough

You may want to see a counselor as you go through the process too. Or a group. There are churches that run support groups.

I survived my parents fighting and divorce. Your kids will too!
Old 02-19-2018, 09:02 PM

kate331 is on a distinguished road

Today is Family Day in Ontario a provincial holiday. Instead of extending his Sunday access an extra day and enjoying the day with the children, he has emailed me 5 times today with pictures of him and his gf, with the children.

Its been a real struggle today not to answer back and fuel the fire.