Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

Old 02-12-2018, 11:54 AM

Janus will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillbreathing View Post
I have so little respect for CC and TMC that I don’t even attend anymore. Send my lawyer without me. I have better things to do with my time . Like earn a living and feed my kids.

Wouldn't it be more cost effective to just represent yourself at the CC? Unless you earn more than $300/hour at your day job of course.

I needed a lawyer because I was overwhelmed. If you don't care about the CC, then why do you need a lawyer?
Old 02-12-2018, 12:29 PM

zanman is on a distinguished road

All in All I guess this Judge gives you a perspective on how the case will look going forward. Yes You pay for your Lawyer. Now I have to decide how far I really want to take this.
Old 03-17-2018, 07:40 PM

denbigh is on a distinguished road

Quote:
It was a very interesting day.. to some it all up the Judge recommended paying her a lump some to end this and suggested we come to a number so we don't waste any more money the both of us really don't have.. told us a full trial will be 50 to 80 thousand dollars and it will be allot cheaper for us to settle on a number and move on with our lives..
Did the judge recommend an amount to settle at? Were both at completely opposing sides of yes spousal support/no spousal support, or was it that there the number was in dispute?
Old 03-19-2018, 11:18 AM

zanman is on a distinguished road

He did not but the lawyers had an idea and the ex had an even bigger Idea
Number agreed between between my layer and hers Judge then agreed and we now have settlement