Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

New posts


  Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Financial Issues

Financial Issues This forum is for discussing any of the financial issues involved in your divorce.

Closed Thread
Thread Tools
Old 11-30-2005, 08:53 PM
macbren macbren is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 2
macbren is on a distinguished road
Question concerned

hello there
need advice when minor moves out of exs home to live with grandparents where does support cheque go. its child support so if teen moves out, the support should follow the child and that should not need a court order. can this get done with just the two exs agreeing to this on paper themselves.
thank you
Old 11-30-2005, 10:04 PM
Grace Grace is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 860
Grace has a spectacular aura aboutGrace has a spectacular aura about

If the support is going through the FRO, I think you need to get the court order changed. If your giving support directly to your ex and you both agree, to give it to the grandparents, I can't see why you can't do it yourselves on paper. Make sure you keep records of every cashed cheque!!!
Old 11-30-2005, 11:20 PM
logicalvelocity logicalvelocity is offline
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Ontario
Posts: 3,943
logicalvelocity has a spectacular aura aboutlogicalvelocity has a spectacular aura aboutlogicalvelocity has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via Yahoo to logicalvelocity

I believe you can withdrawal from the FRO without having to attend to court.
The criteria would be that both parties agree to withdrawal from the FRO.
I believe there is a proper form that has to be filled out.
Old 12-01-2005, 09:46 AM
Lindsay's Avatar
Lindsay Lindsay is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Posts: 378
Lindsay has a spectacular aura aboutLindsay has a spectacular aura aboutLindsay has a spectacular aura about

Grace is right re having to submit a new court order. If there is a court order already in place, you will need to file a new one with FRO before anything can change.

locigalvelocity is correct re the notice of withdrawal. You may also file a "notice if withdrawal from FRO enforcement" form, which would require the signatures of both parties.

A similar kind of situation is when a child attends a post-secondary institution yet still maintains primary residence at, for example, the mother's home. In a lot of situations, the mother would still receive the child support rather than the support being paid directly to the child. It's definitely a sensitive issue. There are some cases, however, where it has been ordered that child support be paid directly to the child. That being said, if one is to try and vary a court order to change the child support recepient from the ex-spouse to the grandparents, the court would have to consider the circumstances around the child living with his or her grandparents.

Closed Thread

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Concerned about food Dad33 Parenting Issues 11 01-20-2010 05:55 PM
Should I be concerned? billiechic Domestic Violence 4 12-08-2009 09:25 AM
Concerned Sister are you stil around? howdIgethere Parenting Issues 1 01-23-2006 01:45 AM
Concerned for my child imarketing0 Parenting Issues 3 01-10-2006 02:48 AM
concerned mother Sandi Parenting Issues 6 12-14-2005 08:01 PM

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:19 AM.