Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > General Chat

General Chat This forum is for discussing anything that doesn't fit into another forum, or for discussing things that are off topic, or just for general venting.

Closed Thread

Old 05-16-2006, 10:22 AM

Divorcemanagement has a spectacular aura aboutDivorcemanagement has a spectacular aura about
Default Input Sought on Website

Good Morning everyone:

I am in the process of developing a new website (my existing one is not changing) and the premise for the website is in line with this article by internet soothsayer Tim O'Reilly.

Web 2.0 is the premise: basically the article suggests that the Internet has evolved and users interact as opposed to buy, sell, search, etc.

Web forums like this are one tool that can be incorporated into a new website but I am thinking of something that places interactivity into the hands of men and women experiencing divorce. So, with this in mind - what kinds of tools, content and structure would you want to see on a new website. (Naturally my new site will link back here because this is an exceptional web forum.)

Thoughts?
Old 05-16-2006, 10:16 PM

logicalvelocity has a spectacular aura aboutlogicalvelocity has a spectacular aura aboutlogicalvelocity has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via Yahoo to logicalvelocity

Sean,

The net has a wealth of information available to everyone that has an internet connection.

To me having "Useful or Relevent" links is good section. It gives the person the descretion to filter out unwanted information.

Audibles - is a great tool. For some they would rather hear a voice.

LV
Old 05-16-2006, 10:52 PM

hubby will become famous soon enough

Interactive eh?

How bout a website that renders free legal advice and forces family law lawyers to become webmasters!

Kidding Jeff! Well, maybe not.

Hubby
Old 05-16-2006, 11:00 PM

Sean,

People going through divorce as you say not only have to contend with law but emotional and phycological and a whole slew of other emotions and turmoils ... a website that can offer hope, peace and relief from the divorce suffering machine. Sort of like what these forums offer.

Tools?

I'll think about this one...

Hubby
Old 05-16-2006, 11:05 PM

Divorcemanagement has a spectacular aura aboutDivorcemanagement has a spectacular aura about

I really appreciate the input and thanks...

You are along the same lines as my thinking, however, I would like to have a website that expands on a webforum and allows for people to truly interact and collaborate if that makes any sense... thinking out loud here...
Old 05-17-2006, 09:47 AM

For someone going through a divorce, they find themselves dazed and confused ... a website that is geared towards 'walking' a person through the process? Sort of what you offer only in an automated fashion -- interactive and able to collaborate with people.

Sort of like a checklist. First do this, Second do that. Something that will help people take small steps towards recovery.

Of course I have some other ideas and have some $$$ to invest!

Hubby
Old 05-17-2006, 09:58 AM

Good ideas - keep em coming!
Old 05-17-2006, 11:42 AM

DadofTwoGirls is on a distinguished road

I've had a look at a couple of sites like ourfamilywizard.com. Perhaps there is some functionality there that you could duplicate - or improve upon for your site.
Old 05-17-2006, 07:20 PM
Administrator

Jeff has much to be proud ofJeff has much to be proud ofJeff has much to be proud ofJeff has much to be proud ofJeff has much to be proud ofJeff has much to be proud ofJeff has much to be proud ofJeff has much to be proud of

Divorcemanagement - that a great article - thanks for the link.

I think getting people more involved is the way to go. Best wishes for your new site. Let us know when it's live.