X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time Frame

Hello,
    I am presently going through a divorce, and I'm wondering how long this should take. My ex is the one that is dealing with all the company and paperwork, etc. and I can't bring myself to talk to him to find out, and I'm to chicken to call the office myself.

For those who have used Behrendt Law Chambers, what is an average time frame to finalize everything is the divorce is uncontested? I am so ready to get on with my life, and want to be free.

Thanks
    Jessica

Hi Jessica and welcome to the forums!

I'd say 6 to 18 months is typical, although there are some people whose cases go much more quickly or last much longer.
    Ottawa Divorce

Comment

Hi Jessica, and welcome!

If you believe you and your husband may be proceeding with a simple uncontested divorce, this normally takes approximately three months to complete from the time the respondent is served.

For more info on simple uncontested divorces, have a look at the following threads:

Joint Divorce Procedure In Ontario?
      Divorcing on your own

Lindsay

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
      Working...
      X