This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Book recommendations

Any recommends on what books would be good to read for the soon to be separated? Especially interested in books that are canadian relevant and have some aspects of common law in them.

Thanks.

recommended Book

Tug Of War by Harvey Brownstone, tremendously useful for me.

Comment

I just picked up Surviving your Divorce A Guide to Canadian Family Law, let you know how it is. Tug of War (was starting to read this book as I was joining this forum.)
      Anyone recommend books for single parenting? keeping child focused?

Comment

Mom's House, Dad's House: Creating Two Homes for Your Kids. This is an American book..... but is very good in outlining the emotional stages of separation and divorce, and in providing support for keeping the focus on the child's/childrens' best interests.

I will try to get back in the forum within the next few days with additional suggestions. I just need to double-check some references and authors' names.
        Last edited by Simplicity; 02-11-2010, 12:02 AM. Reason: grammar

Comment

book:Surviving your Divorce A Guide to Canadian Family Law

1st chapter, great so far. Wish i started all this reading etc before.
          An interesting thing I just read was the 5 emotional stages of marriage breakdown (wow, i felt like this was written about me...)

1.DENIAL AND ISOLATION
          2.ANGER
          3.BARGAINING
          4.DEPRESSION
          5.ACCEPTANCE

Im now at 5.acceptance but basically summed everything I went thru from 1-4.
          Im glad Im here at 5 now because it's keeping me focused on what's to come especially after the long road it took to get here.

Comment

Thanks for the replies so far. I've purchased surviving your divorce and I think its a great book. Divorce for Dummies would be a good book if there was a Canadian edition.

I also purchased Divorce Dollars: Get your fair share. The worksheet examples have proved very useful.

Comment

My lawyer wrote Surviving Your Divorce. I read it too. Good book.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
              Working...
              X