Back to school...good luck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LovingFather32 View Post
    As least your ex's allow your children to go to school. D4 can't understand why she's not allowed.

It was a sad day today watching all the Junior Kindergarten making their new friends smiling and happy where I work.
    LF32, as an aside...
    I totally get that your ex is playing games, with the school thing.

One of my kids, I had similar situation. Kid was in "daycare" at the time. Mom wouldn't allow kid to go to JK, as it was "glorified babysitting". "He'll stay in daycare for now!"

This of course was also during the time we were trying to agree on a school area for kid, with JK coming up. I have never moved. Still at my same house. Mom had moved in with new guy, and now, during this time, her and new now-hubby were looking at relocating again, to a new house.

Mom had her own plans about where kid would go to school. She unilaterlly pulled kid out of daycare, without letting me know, until it had been done, saying her and new hubby could not afford to pay for it anymore. (we both worked fulltime). "He's going to school soon anyway". (the "glorified babysitting" of JK, would have been less cost than the daycare she pulled him out of, but, you can see where this goes).

Almost immediately after she pulled kid out of daycare, and once her and new hubby settled on a new house area, then she was constantly pressing for the need for kid to have "structure", and for kid to be around kids same age during the day. (you know, like if we had kept kid in daycare, or allowed kid to go to JK earlier on). Mom would not discuss schooling at this point, and unilaterlly registered kid at school (JK), in her new area (just like she planned). I didn't fight it (at least, I didn't go to court over it), but then, I already have 50/50 shared custody, in that case.

LF32 knows exactly ex's reasons for denying this experience to D4.
    But yeah, it seems it will have to be worked out in court for you.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
    Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
    Working...
    X