This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BitHunter View Post
    I'm looking for a tall female between 17-51. If possible somewhat "athletic" (not athletic like a mountain gorilla, just normally) or "thin". (means small tits no problem) (I'm 6'4" and 230 pounds) )
    Just a word to the wise, BitHunter - "small tits no problem" are four words that will send rational women of any cup size running in the opposite direction. Might net you a couple of transvestites, though.

Comment

Originally posted by takeontheworld View Post
      Ditto...although I think it may already be a dating site just on the DL.
      I must be doing something wrong lol.

Comment

Originally posted by FB_ View Post
        You're not alone i suppose lol

Comment

Nah, FB. You're a nice, modest, good guy. You'll do well in the dating world. You're a catch!

Comment

Originally posted by Pursuinghappiness View Post
            Nah, FB. You're a nice, modest, good guy. You'll do well in the dating world. You're a catch!
            LOL, thanks.

I'm pretty rough at it, but I will find my groove. Honestly I have no idea what I want still, so I'm ok with casual dating and just doing my own thing.

Comment

Originally posted by oink View Post
              Looks like am going to have to setup a workshop on here....

There will be no fees of course charged by yours truly,

- Chivalry should always be up there from the moment you meet that person. I know this might sound weird, but always have a little token gift with you for the person (am not talking jewellery here). If you've been talking for a while, you should know what she sort of likes

- Initiate a hug, Why? You want her to get a sniff of your not-cheap perfume (think pheromones), she will let you know that you smell good, and you can say "thank you". This is huge belive it or not, as men like a nice smelling woman also..it gets you giddy :-) Yes some of us shower every morning and deodorize, but wearing perfume for social meets is OK

- Pay compliment to her on her outfit (Huge brownie point for you)

- eye contact always

- Listen, let her speak (as oppose to liking the sound of your own voice)

- Flirt...touching here and there is good, especially when she cracks a joke (even if it's not funny), acknowledge it with a smile :-)

- Avoid coffee shop "meets", it has a the potential to create awkward thumb fiddling moments of silence. Outside is where you want to be...i.e. park, waterfront, museum, galleries or some fun activity

- Plan the meet mutually (don't dominate), but have suggestions...nothing worse than saying..."whatever is fine with me". Don't do it

- If you haven't tried any of this, and you wonder what you are doing wrong, perhaps it's some of these point I have listed? Tweak your ways and adopt this, and you might just come back here and thank me

- This should get you laid sooner than you anticipated. Well of course this is secondary to good communication and all the other good attributes we look for.

Personally...My approach is exactly what I just listed above, but there is one attribute that automatically captures a woman's attention when we speak before even meeting...."my accent" (I try to draw focus away from it most of the time)

How is all this working out for me? Well, I have never had a problem attracting any woman am interested in (no am not bragging).
              Thanks oink for the "Dating after Separation / Divorce for Dummies"

And if anyone has trouble finding a woman on here ... its coz they are all with oink

Comment

Originally posted by ottawa_divorce_dad View Post
                thanks oink for the "dating after separation / divorce for dummies"

and if anyone has trouble finding a woman on here ... Its coz they are all with oink :d
                lol........

Comment

- Chivalry should always be up there from the moment you meet that person. I know this might sound weird, but always have a little token gift with you for the person (am not talking jewellery here). If you've been talking for a while, you should know what she sort of likes

- Initiate a hug, Why? You want her to get a sniff of your not-cheap perfume (think pheromones), she will let you know that you smell good, and you can say "thank you". This is huge belive it or not, as men like a nice smelling woman also..it gets you giddy :-) Yes some of us shower every morning and deodorize, but wearing perfume for social meets is OK

NOTE: Not a strong colgne like: Eternity, Polo, Allure or JOOP. You want something soft smelling that isn't off putting....not going to give away one of the ones I wear :-)

- eye contact always

- Flirt...touching here and there is good, especially when she cracks a joke (even if it's not funny), acknowledge it with a smile :-)

- Avoid coffee shop "meets", it has a the potential to create awkward thumb fiddling moments of silence. Outside is where you want to be...i.e. park, waterfront, museum, galleries or some fun activity

- Plan the meet mutually (don't dominate), but have suggestions...nothing worse than saying..."whatever is fine with me". Don't do it

- If you haven't tried any of this, and you wonder what you are doing wrong, perhaps it's some of these point I have listed? Tweak your ways and adopt this, and you might just come back here and thank me

- This should get you laid sooner than you anticipated. Well of course this is secondary to good communication and all the other good attributes we look for.

Personally...My approach is exactly what I just listed above, but there is one attribute that automatically captures a woman's attention when we speak before even meeting...."my accent" (I try to draw focus away from it most of the time)

How is all this working out for me? Well, I have never had a problem attracting any woman am interested in (no am not bragging).
                  I seem to do just fine once I get them on a date. It's getting there that's the issue.

But that has also started to improve, we shall see.

Comment

You need to get out more...i.e. get some activities into ya
                    As someone alluded to, there is already stuff happening on the DL
                    Yes, I noticed. I had few off-topic PMs from a couple of people turning up in my inbox a while back. None from Oink, alas for me.

I'm pretty satisfied with where I am right now - I was more looking for the entertainment value of a drama llama forum ...

Comment

Originally posted by slughead10 View Post
                      show up in your pick up truck

wear your best Camo

comb but dont trim the beard

make sure the dog ALLWAYS gets the front passenger seat...after all he is allways loyal.......

works every time for me
                      Seems to work for those Duck Dynasty Boys.....

Comment

Hmmm....This is where communication is paramount, well of course am sure there are times where you feel you are having a monologue, as opposed to a dialogue, because the replies aren't forthcoming..i.e. it feels like you are pulling teeth?

It could just be that they are shy, "easy going", or just can't hold a convo, and expecting you to drive it?

There are icebreaker points (no, am not talking sending a pic of your Pen**, or for the ladies, a provocative picture of yourself to the guy). I'll see that as a REDFLAG, and makes you wonder how many people he or she is doing that to Definitely no "what are you wearing questions, like who cares and what good if you aren't there?

Personally..I am not interested in the infatuation as an icebreaker, and to take me back to a comment I made before that someone jumped on because they misunderstood me.....I'll say it again, I need substance that has the potential to take things to the finish line, not the fluff that I can get anywhere, even if that means paying for it, if you are the desparate type that can't get women / men (this is what the poster misunderstood)

Hi, wassup and hello...are lame, and won't get you anywhere. You can ask how the damn day is going, how the week has been so far, palns for the weekend (it might include you, if cards are played right)

Then step it up to work, education, family (siblings etc), interests, hobbies, outlook on life, personality test-like questions indirectly
                        I won't disagree with communication. I will suggest, having been there, your list of dos and dont's tends to generalize. Coffee shop meetings are fine, if thats what both parties want. Sometimes a formal dress to the nines date is a lot of pressure, and you can always do that later when you know the other person better.

I know lots of women who like men in jeans, and some of them are quite classy women.

A gift on a first date can be creepy if it is too much. Flowers are usually safe. No carnations unless you know she likes them.

Some women like scents, some don't.

Hugs on a first date? At the end if you get the sense its mutual. But some people have a different sense of personal space, and it might be too much for some. Its all about knowing a bit about someone's personality.

Comment

Originally posted by slughead10 View Post
                          thats why you bring the dog....he will sort out the smelly ones while making sure your date keeps your personal space secure.......

ever see how a dog treats a women with a smelly one? i promise it is entertaining and keeps them back .....
                          I'm crying I'm laughing so hard.

Comment

I'm pretty rough at it, but I will find my groove. Honestly I have no idea what I want still, so I'm ok with casual dating and just doing my own thing.
                            Its all good if you enjoy dating. I got really sick of it pretty fast. I think I probably would have stopped bothering if I hadn't met Mr. Perfect. The good thing is that so many people are getting divorced, there's a growing dating pool to choose from.

Comment

NOTE: Not a strong colgne like: Eternity, Polo, Allure or JOOP. You want something soft smelling that isn't off putting....not going to give away one of the ones I wear :-)

- eye contact always

How'd that work out for you first time around?

For the record, which one of the above "musts" caused the ex to seek out a different bald-headed hermit to stuff her artichoke with?

Comment

Originally posted by Pursuinghappiness View Post
                                Its all good if you enjoy dating. I got really sick of it pretty fast. I think I probably would have stopped bothering if I hadn't met Mr. Perfect. The good thing is that so many people are getting divorced, there's a growing dating pool to choose from.
                                I know ... its crazy ... everytime I turn around I hear of someone else. Maybe its just because I am in the situation now and so I hear about it more?

But everyone deserves to be happy ... so its all good

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                                Working...
                                X