This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dating Apps

For those posters who are in the dating market...have you tried any of these?:

The 3 best new dating apps- The Heart Beat - MSN Living

There must be something wrong with me ... as I started to read your article and was side-tracked by the photo of the one-eyed dog who was reimbursed after eating his owner's money! Just goes to prove where my heart is right now LMAO!!

In April, we told you the story of Sundance, the 12-year-old Golden Retriever who helped himself to five $100 bills that he found tucked away in his owners’ car when they stopped to eat dinner on a drive from Montana to Colorado at Christmas time. (Sundance, who has expensive taste, left a $1 bill behind). Owner Wayne Klinkel spent his vacation following the dog around, using gloved hands to collect pieces of the bills and wash them after Sundance passed them. Then, he pieced them back together as best he could and sent them to the U.S. Treasury Department in April, asking to be reimbursed. On Monday, he opened his mail to discover a check for the full $500. “I gave Sundance a pat, showed it to him and told him not to eat it,” Klinkel said. — Read it at Montana’s Independent Record

Comment

Originally posted by Pursuinghappiness View Post
      For those posters who are in the dating market...have you tried any of these?:

The 3 best new dating apps- The Heart Beat - MSN Living
      I've used OkCupid. It's not bad although they selectively only show you certain profiles. Even though you can see all the profiles (under locals) you can only message the ones they pick for you. I've seen a girl I found very attractive had a very high match % > 90% and cannot message her because they choose not to display her to me in the search.

I'm guessing they do this to try and increase revenue. Although it is free you can upgrade to get more features.

I have not tried the other 2.

Comment

I met my current wife on Lavalife.

A buddy of mine met his wife on Plenty-of-Fish.

Meeting people isn't the issue. I've dated lots of women online or otherwise. It was meeting one I meshed with. My current wife happened to fit that bill, I just got to meet a lot of others in the mean time.

Comment

My brother tried Lavalife. He didn't really pursue it and forgot about it for a few months. Then he got an email response. He was all excited because back then you had to pay a fee to actually connect with someone. He thought "someone actually paid money to contact me!" He opened the email and it said "Oh my goodness they'll let anyone on Lavalife. I want my money back!"

It was from his ex-wife. They both had a good chuckle about it.

Comment

The online dating site I used "matched" me with ... a male work colleague with whom I was working closely on a project. I can't say that wasn't awkward.

Comment

Why don't we have a section here? We have a common interest right to start with and the posts are better for introducing ourselves than anything else we could come up for an online dating site.

I'm looking for a tall female between 17-51. If possible somewhat "athletic" (not athletic like a mountain gorilla, just normally) or "thin". (means small tits no problem) (I'm 6'4" and 230 pounds) )

Comment

Oh dear god, NO.

Like we need to be cleaning up the drama llama dating forum, too!!

Comment

Originally posted by blinkandimgone View Post
                  Oh dear god, NO.

Ditto...although I think it may already be a dating site just on the DL.

Comment

ISO a curvy torch singer who isn't bad, she's just drawn that way.

Comment

I'm looking for a tall female between 17-51.
                      Way to keep that age range specific. Pretty gross when you could date me or my kid....lol

A buddy of mine met his wife on Plenty-of-Fish.
                      I met my guy on POF but I've heard that a lot of people have bad luck on that site.

Comment

Just goes to prove where my heart is right now LMAO!!
                        lol, nothing wrong with deciding that you'd rather be on your own or with your pet instead. It took me a couple months but I've come to enjoy my alone time after divorce. Its really pleasurable and I can spend time relaxing and doing pampering things that I could never do before. Enjoy it!

Comment

I'm guessing they do this to try and increase revenue. Although it is free you can upgrade to get more features.
                          My most recently divorced friend (lovely girl...pretty, sweet, educated, great job) was trying to meet guys and not having any luck so I helped her put a profile up on POF...no luck in our area so she decided to pay for match.com and ended up meeting a guy that she used to go to high school with. They've been inseparable for a couple weeks now. I'm really happy for her. So maybe the paid sites are worth it if you can't find anyone on the practice sites first.

Comment

Originally posted by Pursuinghappiness View Post
                            lol, nothing wrong with deciding that you'd rather be on your own or with your pet instead. It took me a couple months but I've come to enjoy my alone time after divorce. Its really pleasurable and I can spend time relaxing and doing pampering things that I could never do before. Enjoy it!
                            True enough, my pooch gives me unconditional love and that's what I need right now. I figure it's best that I get to know myself better before attempting to go on dates - either way I'm good with it.

Comment

Originally posted by blinkandimgone View Post
                              Oh dear god, NO.

No, bring it on, a drama llama dating forum sounds AWESOME. Way better than anything on cable! I vote drama llama. (Is this a democracy?)

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                              Working...
                              X