This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A real bad situation--too much "mothering?"

My husband and I get "X" every Wednesday for his visit with us..we used to get "X" 2 times a week and 1 time the next...his mother decided that 1 night was good enough oh "X" is 12 by the way.. during the summer holidays we were to have him for 2 weeks as well as our usual time that we have him and so far since school has been out X has been here 4 times total..here's the story...X was over for a visit as were my biological twin grandsons, seems some unappropriate things went on towards my 5 year olds which were all admitted by 12 year old X we went on to tell his mom what happened and her way of dealing with this was to take him out for icecream so she could hear his side of the story..again he had already admitted everything to us...we told her that it was up to the parents if they wanted to press charges by getting the childrens aid involved..my son and d.i.l felt that they didnt' want to further upset the twins by drilling them with questions about what happened...they do however want "X" to get professional councilling so that this will never happen again...mother has been stalling and not doing her part by getting the ball rolling, however if the situation was reversed than she would have the ball long rolling..she protects this kid like nobodys business to the point where it is just plain sick...he slept with her up until about a year ago and she has moved him 6 times to different schools because he gets picked on --he is going into grade 7..we have not been able to see him for over 3 weeks now, she gives us excuses such as she is off so she wants to spend some time with him...she happens to work for 2 different doctors by looking after their kids and she takes "X" with her, which by the way he has admitted to "playing house with the 3 year old girl unsupervised" "mom always has to have the last word in anything that is discussed and she feels we are the bad parents, selfish etc..my husband has always been there for his son and his son loves his dad and never ever gives us a hard time with anything, he provided for his stepdaughter that never had any contact with her real father since she was 4 but again couldn't disipline her without really hearing about it from the "mother"..just wanted to vent and get any advise on what to do with this over bearing person..oh and I should add that the inappropriate things that were done was kissing, pulling pants down (pretending to change diapers) and humping, thanks goodness nothing more serious, although it will end up that way if help is not gotten

I think its inappropriate behavior of the older child and they indeed require some form of counseling. It appears the one parent is attempting to bury the problem.

lv

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
    Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
    Working...
    X