This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to word a request to a lawyer

Hi, I am taking someone's advice on this forum and want to send an email to my ex's lawyer stating that I would like to change the drop off on my Divorce Agreement to the children's school on Monday mornings so as to limit interactions with my ex.
    Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dear Lawyer,

I would like to change the drop off on my Divorce Agreement to the children's school on Monday mornings so as to limit interactions with my ex. Please respond by DATE.

Sincerely
    OP

Comment

Thank you so much! Hope you have a wonderful day!

Comment

Dear Lawyer,

I would like to amend our Divorce Agreement to change drop off location to the children's school on Monday mornings to lessen the chances that our child is exposed to any conflict between myself and your client.

Please respond by DATE.

Sincerely
        OP
        <!-- / message -->
        (are you asking just to change the location, or are you asking for the extra overnight as well?)<!-- controls -->

Comment

I sent the email and asked for a response by today, what do I do if I don't hear from them and they ignore my request?
          Thank you again!!!

Comment

what do I do if I don't hear from them and they ignore my request?
            If they don't answer by DATE, then send a second letter - with prejudice - stating you may bring a motion to change the agreement without further warning if they do not respond by SECOND-DATE. Promptly do so.

Depending on how big of a change it would be, you could simply inform your ex that your child will be at LOCATION instead of OLD-LOCATION.

Comment

Thank you so much again! You are a great help!
              Have a wonderful weekend!
              D

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
              Working...
              X