This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by baldclub View Post
    A good resource for you in this situation would be this paper from Family Conflict Resolution Services on Hostile Aggressive Parenting: http://familyconflict.freeyellow.com...eParenting.pdf

I know it "sucks", it really does, but the school can't really do much, they definitely can't intervene one way or another. Keep the conflict out of the school and I think right now you need to prepare yourself for court, there is no other way to proceed in my opinion, once mediation has been used and given the willingness of a parent to withhold parenting time from the other parent.

I would be very, very weary if I were you about having these discussions with your ex, with her boyfriend and possibly the children in visual proximity. First of all the situation is most likely tense and not conducive to resolution and compromise, second you risk putting yourself in the position that allegations may be made against you. I wouldn't do any talking with any high conflict people without a recording device (a smartphone for example) and most importantly a witness.
    I certainly had no intention of the school enforcing any agreed upon parenting arrangement. My intention of giving them a EOW schedule was to identify the fact that the children's parents are separated and the kids go to opposite parents on Monday after school.

To avoid schoolyard drama, and a second showdown, I appeared at last recess to pick up my kids on my parenting week, as my ex threatened to pick up our son (9)since he apparently wanted to go home with his mom. It was working well, until my ex showed up with her bf. So, I was in a predicament and was asked to explain along with my ex what was going on. I did so as calmly and reasonably as I could.

I am hopeful that some progress can be realized through mediation, but am also preparing for what could result in court to defend myself from her claims and sole custody claim.

Thanks very much for the reference above!

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
    Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
    Working...
    X