This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Payment of Extraordinary expenses

Is there a form I can use to be signed by my ex to confirm that the payment being made is to cover specific expenses? I just want to safeguard myself...

You would use the memo section of any cheque you write to her, or use the notes section if you are sending her an e-transfer. If you are giving her cash.....well that's just dumb.

Comment

Ok I was hoping it would be something more formal, like an offer to settle. Cash? lololol... anyone who does it that way has not learned the first thing lesson of divorce...

Comment

Shouldn't the ex provide you with the receipt? Then you would just provide whatever your portion is.

Comment

Thanks for your reply... but I wanted something more formal.

Comment

You could do a letter enclosing the cheque for your proportional stating that it is in payment of X pursuant to the receipt for ABC you received on Y date.

Outside of that, there is no form that I know of. Personally, I just use the notes field on the cheque.

Comment

I wanted something more formal.
              If it helps you sleep at night, draft an Acknowledgement that X money has been paid for Y reason. As long as you have proof from your bank that money was paid, however, you should be safe.

Comment

What are considered Extraordinary Expenses? With FRO?

Besides activities and school fees etc, is daycare considered an Extra Expense? Does my ex have to agree to paying for daycare or because I have primary residence and final decision making (our family assessment suggested I have Sole Custody but the judge didn't want to call it that)

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                Working...
                X