Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

Old 11-03-2021, 02:46 PM

Dad204 is on a distinguished road
Default Question about OCL Clinician Notes

After OCL completed their report, I asked for complete disclosure. However, notes provided by OCL clinician are computer typed and not hand-written. Is that normal? Has anyone else received computer typed notes from OCL Clinician? I noticed that the information is not accurate in the computer typed notes.
Old 11-03-2021, 07:54 PM

To add to my question -

OCL reported was completed almost a year ago. I requested for full disclosure from OCL, but did not receive it until a month and a half later. In the meatime, I filed a formal dispute.

OCL report is bad. There was collobaration between OCL Clinician and OP Lawyer (OP Lawyer is also OCL Lawyer Part-time). I know this because information shared with her ended up with OP lawyer before disclosure. Also, a lot of facts were twisted to favor OP. Good things said about me by children were attribute to other party. Children's statements to CAS were changed in report to favor OP and e.t.c.

I will be cross-examining OCL at trial and wanted to know if computer typed notes are common with OCL or I am the exception which can be pointed out at trial.
Old 11-03-2021, 08:26 PM

Stillbreathing will become famous soon enough

In this day and age of computer technology most health professionals notes are typewritten except for in some hospital charts, therefor it stands to reason the OCL’s notes would be typewritten as well. Rough hand written notes may be in short form and if they existed at all would likely have been thrown in the garbage when they entered the information into the computer.

If you dispute the findings in the report it’s best to cross examine the OCL at trial which it sounds like you are planning to do.

Good luck.
Old 11-04-2021, 08:20 AM

arbortrail22 is on a distinguished road

Not directly related to handwritten notes, but you can search canlii for the name and see what other cases she/he has done before.
Old 11-04-2021, 03:32 PM
Banned

pinkHouses has a little shameless behaviour in the past

From experience in a different legal arena:

I typed out my notes and was required to submit the journal the notes were made from.

You are correct, translation does not always reflect the notes.

Bring your own notes too.
Old 11-05-2021, 12:10 PM

iona6656 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad204 View Post
To add to my question -

OCL reported was completed almost a year ago. I requested for full disclosure from OCL, but did not receive it until a month and a half later. In the meatime, I filed a formal dispute.

OCL report is bad. There was collobaration between OCL Clinician and OP Lawyer (OP Lawyer is also OCL Lawyer Part-time). I know this because information shared with her ended up with OP lawyer before disclosure. Also, a lot of facts were twisted to favor OP. Good things said about me by children were attribute to other party. Children's statements to CAS were changed in report to favor OP and e.t.c.

I will be cross-examining OCL at trial and wanted to know if computer typed notes are common with OCL or I am the exception which can be pointed out at trial.
My ex disputed the findings too. The clinician's notes were attached to their response- I think- and they were typed. She had a laptop at her visits though- so I guess they were always going to be typed.

Did you SEE the clinician write notes in a notebook?
Old 11-05-2021, 01:03 PM

rockscan will become famous soon enoughrockscan will become famous soon enough

I also have to say this seems fishy with the questioning the report and demanding their written notes. I highly doubt the OCL deviated so far from any written notes the way you claim. Just dispute the report. You dont need a copy of the notes. If you dont agree with the report you wont agree with the notes.
Old 11-05-2021, 01:18 PM

Brampton33 is on a distinguished road

The legal and proper avenue is to dispute the report. Its in the Family Law Rules that you have 30 days to file a dispute of the findings of the report. Just note that in 99% of the times, the OCL will stick to their report. The forum to challenge the clinician is through cross examination at trial. The fact that the report does not match his/her notes is irrelevant. What counts is the Report, not the notes.
Old 11-05-2021, 03:33 PM
Banned

pinkHouses has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brampton33 View Post
The legal and proper avenue is to dispute the report. Its in the Family Law Rules that you have 30 days to file a dispute of the findings of the report. Just note that in 99% of the times, the OCL will stick to their report. The forum to challenge the clinician is through cross examination at trial. The fact that the report does not match his/her notes is irrelevant. What counts is the Report, not the notes.
Unfortunately people lie and fabricate facts to support their desired conclusion.

Experienced it first had, people absolutely lied. Twisted words of people and changed them and fabricated circumstance to support their narrative.
I would want audio/video recordings.

Why is it irrelevant?

Last edited by pinkHouses; 11-05-2021 at 03:37 PM.
Old 11-10-2021, 03:04 AM

Never heard clinician typing during our phone meetings or virtual observation visit.