OC has been dragging feet on providing dates for court

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OC has been dragging feet on providing dates for court

I have instructed my lawyer to get a court date for special chambers, The OC has been dragging her feet for over a month on providing her availability dates to attend a court session.. What if anything can I do to move this along ?

Originally posted by sgw1 View Post
    I have instructed my lawyer to get a court date for special chambers, The OC has been dragging her feet for over a month on providing her availability dates to attend a court session.. What if anything can I do to move this along ?
    In a registered letter/e-mail provide her with 4 or 5 available dates to choose from. Give her a time period to respond by.

Notify her in the letter that if she does not respond by a certain date that you will have to attend a procedural motion to have a date selected "without consent".

If still no response, fill out a 14B form (procedural motion) and show up (Ottawa it's Tuesdays/Thursdays).

Bring in your emails/letters attempting to get dates and have a date ordered by a judge.

Comment

I can't recall whether or not your ex has a lawyer retained.

What does your own lawyer say about this?

Special sessions can be scarce, depending upon the time of year. You can actually mosey around on the internet and see for yourself which dates are available. Alberta Justice, Court of Queens Bench.

Here is the link - have a look: Alberta Courts > Court of Queen's Bench > Family

Actually I just had a peek and there are LOTS of dates/times available.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
      Working...
      X