This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where is my court order copy???

A family court decision was reached and made final in September. My lawyer never sent me a copy of it. I emailed her about it and never received a reply. I figured it took a lot of time. I just called the courthouse and they said it looks like it was made final by the judge but never drafted by her which makes no sense to me. I need a copy because I am moving. What is all this??? The clerk at family court said some lawyer just never get around to drafting it even though it is filed. Again, this makes no sense!!!! Does anyone have any info on this type of issue?

I don't have huge insight, but the judge would have made a handwritten order, the lawyer is supposed to have it typed up and both sides agree it is correct, and then the lawyer is supposed to file it. At least that is how it happened with me, I don't know if there are variations.

So yeah, it sounds like the lawyer forgot to follow through with the order. I would say that the judge would be extremely pissed if they made an order and the lawyer didn't carry it out, I think it is spelled C-O-N-T-E-M-P-T?

You also have a nice basis for a complaint to the Law Society. One they won't shrug off.

Explain this to the lawyer and have the order executed toute de suite.

Comment

I hope this doesn't affect the decision of the order now!!!!! With if his side doesn't agree that it is correct or something. I'm extremely worried hearing this now.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
      Working...
      X