CAS at exes place

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CAS at exes place

I just found out (from my son on his bi weekly weekend visit with his mom) that CAS is doing their second visit to my exes house as part of an investigation brought on by a neighbour of theirs. I hadn't known there was an investigation happening. Do I as father have rights to know what's going on?

so your son told you that CAS was there but nothing else??? He didn't tell you the details of why??

Comment

Allegations of drug use, kids not being fed, messy house

Comment

I am sure that you kid has told you it he isn't being fed or if there are drugs in the home. As for messy house that is a hard one, the neighbour may be a "neat freak" who keeps a spotless home. Some may think my house is messy but to others its clean. It all depends on the persons standards.

Comment

I'm not judging the veracity of their claims, just whether or not I have a right to know what's going on.

Comment

Originally posted by vocircuspants View Post
            I'm not judging the veracity of their claims, just whether or not I have a right to know what's going on.
            Why don't you ask your EX then ask CAS? Then ask the neighbour...

Comment

Originally posted by standing on the sidelines View Post
              I am sure that you kid has told you it he isn't being fed or if there are drugs in the home. As for messy house that is a hard one, the neighbour may be a "neat freak" who keeps a spotless home. Some may think my house is messy but to others its clean. It all depends on the persons standards.
              Out of curiosity, why are you making excuses for his ex-wife?

Comment

Why not call CAS and ask them if you have the right to be informed about open investigations involving your child's other parent? It's a reasonable question.

Also, how old is your son? Kids aren't always the most reliable reporters. He maybe misinterpreting something different that's going on in the house.

Comment

Originally posted by Links17 View Post
                  Out of curiosity, why are you making excuses for his ex-wife?
                  I am not making excuses for his ex. I am just stating a fact that some people keep neater places the others. That the son would say if he isn't being fed.

Comment

Originally posted by standing on the sidelines View Post

He isn't misinterpreting. Supposedly their neighbour has it in for them and is making false accusations. They invited me to the CAS visit as they say they have nothing to hide. I hope that's the situation.

Comment

if they invited you to be there when the cas visits then why are you on here asking if you have any rights to know what is going on??? Unless inviting you is a new development since you posted your original question?

This wouldn't be the first time that someone has reported false allegations to get back at someone. I have a feeling also that it is false or why invite you to be there? If there was any truth to it, you wouldn't be invited to be there so go and find out what is going on.

Comment

It's a new development

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                        Working...
                        X