X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Self-representing myself at the trial

Hello all,

After years of conferences and motion hearings, my ex has put our case on the trial list for this Spring. I have been self-representing myself for the last few years and need your advice on heading for a trial.

If you could point me to any guide, list of required forms, procedure and requirements. Any tip you have will also be greatly appreciated (for example, should I ask the children, now teens, to testify?). I have full custody of all minor children, my ex does not participate in their lives.

The only issues for trial are spousal support and variation of child support. Our net pay is the same (she has 49% of FNDI before any SS is paid to her) and I am asking that we stick with table amounts of CS.

Thank you very much

I researched the issue further and found a basic guide to trials on the Attorney General's family law Web site. I looked into CANLII and the Spousal Support Advisory Guidelines, I now have a better idea of what I am heading into.

Can anyone confirm if I can call my ex and her new spouse to the stand to answer questions about their undisclosed income. Should I rather ask for examination for discovery (or questionning under oath) before the trial, for the purpose of highlighting the significant inconsistencies in my ex's financial statements?

Thank you again for your advice,

Rayon de soleil

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
    Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
    Working...
    X