This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deposit on House / personal property

I was in a 4 year Comm Law relationship - last July we bought a house - I put 25,000 down (all my money-from settlement with ex-wife) the property is in her name only (due to some outstanding credit problems I had) She did not put any money down herself.

We split in March 2010 (9 months after buying the house) she will not give me back any of my personal property ie: piano I bought 20 years ago tools etc.. I have filed an Application Record with the courts in hopes of getting back my personal items.

I also want to try and get my deposit money back (all or in part) I know in Ontario that Common Law doesn't fall under any of the Family Law Acts.

I was going to file a claim based on two things:
    Constructive Trust and Unjust Enrichment

Can anyone tell me if I have a chance of getting anything back?

Any help at all would be great (including references to successful cases).

Thanks so Much!

is there a paper trail for the downpayment?

Comment

Downpayment Contuinued

Thank you for your reply,

Yes, I have copies of all the canceled cheques, including the back of the cheques showing the money went into her account.

Also, as mentioned, the money I used was not earned during our relationship.

Thanks again

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
      Working...
      X