This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm too pretty to work...

This one is for all those beautiful people that need a reason for entitlement to SS...

Woman claims she is too pretty to have a job- Simply Chic - MSN Living

Infuriating. I read another article about her, while poor poor pitiful girl is sponging off her parents and buying designer clothes.

I'm betting this is some campaign she is on to launch herself into a new field.

I would highly dispute the lazy part. With her degrees she can pick and chose where she works.

Comment

Has Michael Jackson returned to the living?
      Start a discussion, not a fire. Post with kindness.

Comment

Good comment about it on Facebook, "She ain't pretty she just looks that way". It is actually a song title as well.

Comment

Originally posted by mcdreamy View Post
          Has Michael Jackson returned to the living?
          I thought the same thing.

Comment

My first comment about it was: She'd make a wonderful ex wife for someone.

Luckily for the universe no one was dumb enough to marry her. Her parents had a large role in shaping her current attitudes so it's fitting they should be supporting her.

Comment

I had read a report of this. Interesting to see the woman. She is beautiful... but also ridiculous and very egotistical. It is possible to be extremely good looking and to be taken serious at work - Diane Sawyer comes to mind. (She used to be young, but never ridiculous I'm certain.)

Comment

How about I'm too overworked to work? That works for me.... *yawn*

Comment

I don't find her attractive, and would not say beautiful.

Someone like Sarah Silverman has a similar look, but is actually beautiful, and thousand sexier and funnier.

Sarah Silverman

Laura Fernee

Comment

I can't stop seeing Michael Jackson, now that it has been pointed out!

She wouldn't have nearly all these problems if she didn't spend all that money on hair and clothes and makeup etc etc etc. I bet a lot of her difficulties would go away if she ate a lot more ice cream, too.

I agree that her parents seem to be total enablers. Where's Gail Vaz-Oxlade when you need her?!

Comment

Well my kids sure liked Sarah Silverman in Wreck It Ralph! ; )

Comment

Yeah I wish I had her problems...

She likely has scrubs/lab coat carefully tailored to better exhibit her physical attributes.

Comment

Funny...

I'm too lazy to try and track it down as a source - but I've read a study which came to the opposite conclusion of what this woman is saying.

The study found that 'beautiful' people actually do quite well in the work-force. To the point of 'beautiful' people actually making more money and having more impressive job title's than the average.

Comment

Originally posted by wretchedotis View Post
                            Funny...

I'm too lazy to try and track it down as a source - but I've read a study which came to the opposite conclusion of what this woman is saying.

The study found that 'beautiful' people actually do quite well in the work-force. To the point of 'beautiful' people actually making more money and having more impressive job title's than the average.
                            I recall several studies on this, and it was generally found that tall attractive people make better salaries and get quicker advancement than average looking people. Perhaps its confidence, which is helpful in business.

This woman's reasoning is silly. She is finding excuses. We all have work issues of one sort or another. Mature people deal with it.

Getting hit on? Say a polite "no thanks, I don't date people I work with". If they continue, warn them more firmly, if they still continue, ask HR to have a talk. Seriously, this isn't that hard. I've worked with women who have had to deal with real sexual harassment, and they managed to survive it and have a good career.

This woman clearly thinks she is special and is finding ways to justify special treatment. I do think the parents shoudler some of the blame.

Comment

Eliminating SS would do nothing in this case, she is sponging off parents who have no obligation to pay for her.

And as to "tapping that", thought you were going monastic anyway.

I don't find her physically repulsive, but her personality is, and I like a total package.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                              Working...
                              X