Ordered Disclosure Ignored.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stillbreathing View Post
    Gettingexpensive, I have tried to pull the plug many times and gone self rep several times as well. Sent multiple severable offers to settle. My ex isn’t all there upstairs and is a multimillionaire because of a personal injury settlement in which he was deemed to have a catastrophic brain injury. His lawyer is milking him and keeping the conflict going so he can take as much money from him as he can.
    Ah yes. the not totally there upstairs sure complicates things. Seems like you need to keep going but it really sucks for you.

Comment

I've had the same thing in my case, where judge ordered disclosure of information and my ex would not release it. Kept going to settlement conferences and I kept saying that the other side have yet to comply with judge order. Don't waste lawyer $ trying to get disclosure as it will get you nowhere. They are not disclosing because it will be damaging to their side. Just keep documentation of all the times you asked, and refusals to release. The other side is just shooting themselves in the foot.

Comment

Question

How does one initiate contempt motion? My ex was orderd to disclose all assets and income (from self-employment) pursuant to a court order issued at the case conference. He lied and instead of providing disclosure, he provided a simple statement saying that he has no income and boards for handyman jobs. He also lied about assets, I have proof he lied. What do I do now? Wait for the settlement conference to debunk the lies? Or is there another remedy?

Comment

How does one strike pleading?

I am in the same situation. Ex did not comply with the court order from the case conference to disclose finances. He lies about his income, he is a self employed handyman. He lies about his assets abroad (apartment in home country) and is now refusing my attempt to schedule a settlement conference. He uses suits with my daughter as blackmail. He has supervised access through the family centre because he refused all persons I proposed. How do I force him to go to a case conference and to disclose?

Comment

What do you mean by "proceeding to strike"? To strike out the documents provided as proof of income, or lack thereof? I appear to be in the same situation. Ex is self-employed, works, but does not disclose cash earnings, except that he has a lawyer, so must have income. If I ask for an order imputing his income, can I dismiss his claim to spousal support? How would I dismiss his claim to spousal support? What kind of an order would I seek? Final, temporary, would it be during a motion, or during a settlement conference? I am self-represented.

Comment

Well I am not sure at what stage you are at in the courts proceeding but do not enter in a settlement conference. There is a difference between a settlement conference and a conference. In the settlement conference anything said cannot be brought to trial but in a case conference anything said can be brought to trial.
              You need to tell me exactly where you are in the proceedings of documents and what province you are in (Jurisdiction).

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
              Working...
              X