• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting your soon to be Ex to make decisions

Suggestions?

Originally posted by Goldie Lox View Post
    Suggestions?
    None. Everyone has the ability to "change" themselves but, that capacity is up to each of us as an individual to recognize and do. You can't make someone change. The "universe", "neurolinguistic programming" and all the other hoopla out there won't work either.

We are all our own agents of change. Change comes through realization of one's self and realization that a change needs to happen. Unless the person is compelled for some reason to change... They never will.

Good Luck!
    Tayken

Comment

How frustrating!? I'd like this whole thing to be over and done with, but for some reason he continues to drag his feet.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldie Lox View Post
        How frustrating!? I'd like this whole thing to be over and done with, but for some reason he continues to drag his feet.
        Avoidance is a common behaviour pattern that develops for many people in these matters. Either they are struggling with past issues in their lives that led them to this point or they just can't believe what is happening. Or they are hiding from something.

Good Luck!
        Tayken

Comment

None. Everyone has the ability to "change" themselves but, that capacity is up to each of us as an individual to recognize and do. You can't make someone change. The "universe", "neurolinguistic programming" and all the other hoopla out there won't work either.

We are all our own agents of change. Change comes through realization of one's self and realization that a change needs to happen. Unless the person is compelled for some reason to change... They never will.

Good Luck!
          Tayken
          Again, You hit it right on. Life is a journey and some must stay on the well paved and travelled road but it is said that this path does not see much growth within the individual. Growth more often than not comes from the difficult path with many obstacles, I came across this list some time back

Top 17 Obstacles in Life | Cindy Sense

What we do - can only come from within. I personally look at this as how we face change in our lives will dictate how we grow as individuals and what we can then get out of life. Life is very short.

Comment

Thanks for the link - had to laugh at #13:
            13. Procrastination
            Tic … … … Toc … … …. Tic … … … Toc … … …. Oh my gosh! An hour has passed while I’ve been doing nothing but surfing the web ….

Comment

Originally posted by torontonian View Post
              Thanks for the link - had to laugh at #13:
              13. Procrastination
              Tic … … … Toc … … …. Tic … … … Toc … … …. Oh my gosh! An hour has passed while I’ve been doing nothing but surfing the web ….
              Procrastination is a key element to one's own psychology. Why someone procrastinates is often investigated. Procrastination

Passive Aggressive behavior is the expression of negative feelings, resentment, and aggression in an unassertive, passive way (such as through procrastination and stubbornness).

(AvPD - Avoidant Personality Disorder)

Out of the FOG - Avoidant Personality Disorder

Very few, even the most qualified of them with 6 page resumes, clinicians in Canada understand Axis II disorders of the personality.

Good Luck!
              Tayken

PS: Not saying you are this BTW. Just linking the clinical relevance potentially to someone who exhibits a life-long struggle with procrastination.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
              Working...
              X