FRO and direct payments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FRO and direct payments

FRO is f*cking useless for the payor of support. Now that I said that.
    Merry Christmas.

This is what happened.

January 7, 2019 we got a court order at the first conference brief.
    I agreed to pay child support and agreed to FRO.

I paid Child Support for January 1, 2019 of $900 directly
    FRO started but I did not know
    I waited until February 1, 2019 and again paid child support of $900 directly
    FRO says I am behind on child support for February 1, 2019

June 2020 the Payee signs a document for FRO saying they received money for only for January 1, 2019 and they are not allowed to share this document with me. They say there is nothing they can do and I have to go to court to get the money back or put into the FRO account.

FRO won't send me the document so I can't prove to the court that the recipient lied to them about child support received.

How do I get my FRO account credited for the money?

Originally posted by dealingWithEvil View Post
    FRO is f*cking useless for the payor of support. Now that I said that.
    Merry Christmas.

This is what happened.

January 7, 2019 we got a court order at the first conference brief.
    I agreed to pay child support and agreed to FRO.

I paid Child Support for January 1, 2019 of $900 directly
    FRO started but I did not know
    I waited until February 1, 2019 and again paid child support of $900 directly
    FRO says I am behind on child support for February 1, 2019

June 2020 the Payee signs a document for FRO saying they received money for only for January 1, 2019 and they are not allowed to share this document with me. They say there is nothing they can do and I have to go to court to get the money back or put into the FRO account.

FRO won't send me the document so I can't prove to the court that the recipient lied to them about child support received.

How do I get my FRO account credited for the money?
    Had a similar situation. Had to show evidence of payment to my ex to FRO e.g. bank statement showing the outflow for those months. After few back and forth, it was cleared off my FRO account as outstanding

Comment

Who did you have to show the evidence to?
      So you just left your FRO in a deficit for all that time and I suppose I was stupid for keeping my balance at zero?

Comment

My husband went through this back in 2010. He showed FRO $2000 worth of cheques cashed by the recipient (got the proof from the bank) and FRO still would NOT reimburse him. They said the recipient would Not confirm the cheques, she was ignoring their phone calls and letters about it. The only way he would get reimbursed was if he filed court on her.
        He could Not afford to file court at the time.

The next year she filed court for Increase in child support, so he was able to show the lawyers those cashed cheques then. All they did was deduct the amount off the new increase she was then seeking. It's frustrating when there is no consequence in these kinds of situations.

Comment

Have you tried speaking to your caseworker directly? If yes, you may need to escalate it to a supervisor. If that fails, try the ombudsman. They tend to get results.

If all that fails, what pinkmorganite said, wait until you have to update and put it forward. Hopefully you have proof via a cancelled cheque or etransfer!

Comment

I basically discussed with my caseworker supervisor and they advised my ex that I have shown enough evidence that I send her the money. It was after I brought it up in a case conference that she responded to FRO.

I think you should try what Rockscan said and bring it up during case conference or recalculation

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
            Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
            Working...
            X