Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

Old 08-04-2022, 07:39 PM

StillPaying has a little shameless behaviour in the past

That email does not help your case. You're not available when offered and don't appreciate ex using other options. Is ex claiming you're controlling?
Old 08-04-2022, 10:06 PM

Tayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant future

Don't bother with Right of First Refusal.

Read this article from a Canadian Social Worker: http://www.yoursocialworker.com/s-ar...st_Refusal.htm

This idea provided about RoFR falls right into the common behaviour pattern that Gary outlines in the article.
Old 08-05-2022, 12:29 PM

Donald Duck is on a distinguished road

Thank you very much.
Old 08-07-2022, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockscan View Post
She�s playing a game with you so you are basically calling her bluff. Which is why I said to word it that way. Telling her that it is court ordered and you are adhering to it so she can pick kid up at proper time or you can drop them off. By pointing out YOU are following the order, it makes you look better.

In your court documents for the TMC you will note that she has failed to follow the order for parenting time on x dates or 90-100% of the parenting time. She has no valid reason for doing so and it makes her look bad for playing that game.

Contempt is like this shiny object you hear about but never see. You would waste too much energy trying to get it when there is no chance. You could try but why waste resources? Just call her bluff and go from there. She isn�t going to lock the child out or not pick them up. She is simply pushing you to do something she wants you to do.
Hey Rockscan!

So called her bluff re her desired change of times this weeke d and for one of the first times for the 430 pm pickup she was in the lobby at 427 and the exchange was quick and user friendly!

Thank you again!
Old 08-07-2022, 10:25 AM

Brampton33 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tayken View Post
Don't bother with Right of First Refusal.

Read this article from a Canadian Social Worker: http://www.yoursocialworker.com/s-ar...st_Refusal.htm

This idea provided about RoFR falls right into the common behaviour pattern that Gary outlines in the article.
Right of First Refusal does not work in high conflict cases. The other parent does not want you to spend additional time with kids. They won't even tell you about the opportunity, and simply get a family member to look after the kids. You will find out after-the-fact that kids were home sick from school and had their aunt look after them for the day. If you are in court, it is likely that ROFR is not an option.
Old 08-07-2022, 11:44 AM

[QUOTE=Brampton33;251664]Right of First Refusal does not work in high conflict cases. The other parent does not want you to spend additional time with kids. They won't even tell you about the opportunity, and simply get a family member to look after the kids. You will find out after-the-fact that kids were home sick from school and had their aunt look after them for the day. If you are in court, it is likely that ROFR is not an option.[/QUOTE

Funny but thats exactly what happened last weekend for all three days.

Thing is though that we already have it in the court order from the recent motion that I won so its there regardless.

My concern is and has been since birth is that he is left with many many people and there have been lots of issues with where he has been left so when he is with his Aunt, I have no issues and I also have in the court order daily phone calls.

She agreed on consent with a dozen orders and the calls and ROFR were a few.
Old 08-07-2022, 12:13 PM

rockscan will become famous soon enoughrockscan will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald Duck View Post
Hey Rockscan!

So called her bluff re her desired change of times this weeke d and for one of the first times for the 430 pm pickup she was in the lobby at 427 and the exchange was quick and user friendly!

Thank you again!

Awesome. Sometimes you just need to push back!!
Old 08-07-2022, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillPaying View Post
You say you want more access, even 50/50, but when offered an extra overnight - you prefer to drop kid off 6 hours early the night before. Perhaps your schedule now is ideal.
I have been in court for 5 1/2 years and the child is not even 6 years old.

I have been fighting for a comprehensive court order and what I want is for the court order to be adhered to by both parents.

The offer for an extra night is offered when the childs' mom knows full well that I cannot accept it as I have work the next morning at 6 am and she would pick up our child at 10 am.

She knows very well that I had to accept her offer of 6 hours early for this reason.

Rockscans' brilliant idea to email the childs' mom worked very well.

Perhaps you misunderstood the scope of the attempt to control me and refusal to follow the courts order.
Old 08-07-2022, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillPaying View Post
That email does not help your case. You're not available when offered and don't appreciate ex using other options. Is ex claiming you're controlling?
That email did help my case.

I very much appreciate the childs' mom using other options that are safe.

I do not appreciate any options that are unsafe and require me to call the CAS and the Police.

Yes, her lawyer has used the templated " control" card yet I do not accept that a parent who is rightfully concerned about the childs' safety is controlling.
Old 08-11-2022, 10:04 PM
Banned

terryfyde is on a distinguished road

So are you going to leverage this to get more access time?