Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ex's car is unsafe to transport our child .....

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ex's car is unsafe to transport our child .....

In December I was made aware by a reliable source (not a mechanic) that the front tires on my ex's car were past the wear indicator, and the edges were rounded and bald.
    I am unable to contact my ex because of my bail conditions, and at the time she did not have a lawyer so I requested the assistance of the police and they promised me they would contact her parents (were the car is licensed) and express my concerns to them. CAS and MTO couldn't help me.
    Last week we had family court. While I was having a smoke I walked over to her car and noticed the front tires had been moved to the back and they were in absolute horrible shape. They were bald, litteraly. So I took some pictures and went into the family court building and expressed my concerns. He said there was nothing he could do except pass the message on.
    The next day I phoned the same police officer and he assured me he spoke with her parents and was really surprised that the tires were still on the car even though they were just moved to the rear of the car.
    I haven't heard anything from the police officer, and I dought I will unless I call him. I am getting a friend to look at her car (is that legal) while she is at work. What do I do if the tires are still on the car? I am representing myself and have a motion on the first week of April for other matters but do not wish to wait until then to get this taken care of.
    Thanx all .....

if the officer did not think the car was safe with those tires he could have made her report to the police station within a certain time frame with either the plates to the car or acceptable tires. That happened to a friend of mine but his was a very loud exhaust.

Comment

Have you tried calling MTO? I did, I have a different situation but they can tell you what you can do. There is an enforcement office they can refer you to and a number that if she's driving with the kid(s) in the car and you TRULY think it's unsafe to call them. I believe they can pull her over, inspect the vehicle and go from there but you should truly think it's unsafe because this also can work against you if there isn't a problem.
      This is just what I was told according to my situation, could be different but I would try calling MTO first. MTO ministry of transportation
      Let me know how you make out.

Comment

Sorry, just re read your post and you said MTO couldn't help you. Try calling and asking for the enforcement office. It's worth another try.

Comment

Originally posted by reesser View Post
          In December I was made aware by a reliable source (not a mechanic) that the front tires on my ex's car were past the wear indicator, and the edges were rounded and bald.
          I am unable to contact my ex because of my bail conditions, and at the time she did not have a lawyer so I requested the assistance of the police and they promised me they would contact her parents (were the car is licensed) and express my concerns to them. CAS and MTO couldn't help me.
          Last week we had family court. While I was having a smoke I walked over to her car and noticed the front tires had been moved to the back and they were in absolute horrible shape. They were bald, litteraly. So I took some pictures and went into the family court building and expressed my concerns. He said there was nothing he could do except pass the message on.
          The next day I phoned the same police officer and he assured me he spoke with her parents and was really surprised that the tires were still on the car even though they were just moved to the rear of the car.
          I haven't heard anything from the police officer, and I dought I will unless I call him. I am getting a friend to look at her car (is that legal) while she is at work. What do I do if the tires are still on the car? I am representing myself and have a motion on the first week of April for other matters but do not wish to wait until then to get this taken care of.
          Thanx all .....

OH MY GOD!
          I cant believe you had the nerve to post this. GO BUY HER SOME TIRES TO TRANSPORT YOUR KIDS IN SAFETY!
          wHAT in the world is this?
          You people on here are disgusting!
          Go to Cnadian tire and you wont need to clog the courts with craziness.

Comment

"You people on here are disgusting!"
            There is no need for this.

Comment

Originally posted by IronMama View Post
              OH MY GOD!
              I cant believe you had the nerve to post this. GO BUY HER SOME TIRES TO TRANSPORT YOUR KIDS IN SAFETY!
              it is not up to him to provide tires for her. It would be a nice gesture but it is up to her to make sure she can transport the kids safely just like it is up to him when the kids are in his care.

Comment

it would be nice, but new tires will cost at least $400-500, and could cost a LOT more.

At least this guy is concerned for his kids safety.

Comment

Originally posted by IronMama View Post
                  OH MY GOD!
                  Hi Honey!
                  How are my kids?

Comment

Let me play this little game I call "reality". Below are the answers to your statements for the majority of fathers out there....

Sorry hon, but I don't have $300+ dollars to splurge like this, my ex takes about 40%+ of my paycheck in "child support" + collects the CCTB/UCCB. Oh then I get to spend an EXTRA proportional share for "special expenses" that depending on how well her and her "free legal aid" lawyer played the system, I may or may not get a vote on.

After taking over 50% of my paycheck, I still have to pay rent, food, gas to get to work, insurance, etc. as well as inspection/registration costs for my own vehicle. Oh and let's not forget the $5-30,000+ in legal fees I need to pay, because unlike my ex, I'm a man and therefore unable to qualify for legal aid.

Oh did I mention that if I want to EVER get my kids more often I have to make sure that my place and groceries are capable of supporting them WHILE STILL PAYING THE SAME AMOUNT OF CS??? That's of course assuming the ex doesn't fight me tooth and nail to keep me under 40% access because you know, that would actually LOWER my CS payments by a couple hundred dollars/month.

It's called the Canadian Family Law system...it's one of the biggest jokes in the country...

I don't normally respond to posts like this, but you asked for it...we're not disgusting, you're just an idiot. Go do some research, get some facts and proper information, and then come back when you can have conversation about the reality of the situation.

See above...take the CS/SS/CCTB/UCCB/Welfare cash and go do it yourself. Despite apparent similarities, I'm not a bloody ATM.

/this post is brought to you on behalf of fathers everywhere who want more time with their children, but are denied such based of off archaic family court attitudes, overworked/underfunded government agencies (a la CAS) and vindictive ex's out for the almighty buck.

Comment

What do I do if the tires are still on the car?

Comment

if the MTO and police will not do anything I am not sure where to go from there. Sorry

Comment

If it's that serious, photograph the tires and take them to the police. If the police won't do anything, take that to the media. If the media won't do anything, start a Facebook page.

I'm only half joking, it's what everyone else seems to do.

Comment

I would suggest since your kids safety is associated try helping her.Financially if its not posible then try convincing her.If the new tires are damn expensive try shopping around on ebay ,junk yards(notsure if canada has one) for used tires.Try contributing a little bit financially ( not as a help but as a loan).Take evrything in writing that later you can cut little by little from special expenses or so.

Comment

I don't think there is anything you can do.
                              It's out of your hands, by the sound of it.

Maybe try concentrating on something you can actually influence in a positive way, and start from there.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                              Working...
                              X