This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Court Ordered Visitation Cancelled

Yesturday morning I received a phone call from the Supervised Access Center saying that my daughters mother has cancelled a temporary court ordered visit because she was unable to get our daughter to the access center. She offered to allow me to see our daughter the next weekend, giving me access 2 weekends in a row. The access center explained I had no say in the cancelation so I agreed to the next weekend. (I get 5.5 hrs unsupervised access every other Saturday)
    I contacted a family member that we previously agreed upon that is able to conduct exchanges for us in hopes that she could pick my daughter up, and drop her off. My daughters mother explained that she had plans with our daughter this weekend and would not allow any exchange.
    Is this legal? If not what law did she break? I have half day motion next week and plan on telling the judge about this (I had plans for us this Easter weekend that are not shot). I am currently writing a factum and need to refer to the laws that have been broken here (if any).
    I was told I should file a contemptive court thingy (or sumting like that), but because I got the cancelation so late and the courts are closed today, I am unable to do so.
    I can't beleive this is happening, can some one please point me in the right dirrection on how to deal with this, and prevent it from happeneing again.
    Thanx, reesser.

Honestly..

There could be a bunch of different reasons why the visit never occured. Sometimes I cancelled visits ( probably 2 in 2.5 years) cause we took a vacation and it happened to fall on bio dad's weekend. I also probably would have cancelled a visit if the child was really sick.

I would suggest you get your court order be very detailed, regarding special holidays..one year you have easter the next year your ex have easter and get it spelled out with years eg: 2008 dad will have easter weekend..

I personally wouldn't file a contempt motion due to one missed visit, but if it became habitual than definatly! Keep records!!!!

Is there a reason why you have only 5.5 hrs every other weekend? Seems like very minimal access. Are you presenting a motion for more access that is where I would concentrate my efforts?

Good Luck!

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
    Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
    Working...
    X