X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OCL and offer

I need guidance and opinions.

The investigation with the Office of Child Lawyer is done. I recently, went to my disclosure meeting. Mostly pleased, with the results. However, don't really know where to go from here. My lawyer and I decided to make an offer, once we receive the report in writing. My lawyer also booked a court date. My separation is high conflict. In fact one of the recommendation, is that the X and I have a no contact relationship.

Now the question. How detailed should the offer be? Because of proven abuse, especially since the separation (oct 2008), I feel like the offer should include guidelines. The recommendation is not as detailed as I hoped.

Does anyone know a good website? I'm on legal aid. I don't have much access to my lawyer.

Thanks in advance

Bri

Make your offer parallel the OCL recommendations as much as possible. You should more or less regurigate the OCL recommendations in your offer. If there are parts that you don't agree with you can leave them out or depart from them. But keep in mind, the court's best objective evidence at this time is the OCL report. The closer you come to it, the easier it will be for the court to side with you.

Comment

Hi dadtotheend

Thank you for your advise. I received my report yesterday. It is extremely vague. Because of the high conflict nature... vague is not good.

Comment

That's odd. What specific recommendations were made regarding custody and access?

Our report included a recommended parenting schedule. You want something as specific as possible to give the judge something to hang his/her hat on.

Comment

Our OCL report wasn't vague either. Gave specifics in regards to custody and access.

I have to echo what dadtotheend said, what was the recommendations regarding custody and access?

mominont

Comment

sorry I posted twice... see below

Comment

To highlight some recommendation for better understanding... I have full custody (yeah) and the X and I have a no contact relationship.

As an example of what I find vague: Exchanges for summer and holiday access are to occur in a public place as agreed upon both parties. This has been a ongoing issue. The X refuses exchange centers. I found 2 other solutions to support that recommendation; one is a daycare that would facilitate the every second weekend as well. From what I gather, I need to add the details to the recommendation like time, money, schedule etc.

The X was underemployed and for the investigation became unemployed. The child Lawyer, express that her recommendation is vague because of that fact. I work two jobs, mostly when boys are at school.

thanks again

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
              Working...
              X