Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the BEST part of divorce to you.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting my life back

Might have added to this thread some weeks back but I just thought of some more stuff,

1. Being able to spend time with the children
    2. Being able to call my family in England without having anyone listening in
    3. Not having to hear that I don't know how to take care of the children properly by him, by his parents and his extended family
    4. Being able to buy groceries with my own money without having to ask permission on how I can spend my earnings
    5. Being able to eat fish and meat in my own home if I want
    6. Being able to open the utility bills and other mail addressed to me without getting yelled at for doing so
    7. Being able to water the lawn
    8. Not have to attend weddings and parties of people I don't know every weekend
    9. Being able to read a book in bed if I want
    10. Being able to listen to music I enjoy
    11 Being able to speak to strangers and say hello
    12. Not having to hear about how England, UK (where I was born and grew up) is the most awful place on earth by his parents
    13. Being able to get a Christmas Tree for the kids at Christmas
    14. Getting my life, freedom and confidence back.

No regrets for getting divorced. For those of you going through it, it is not easy going through separation and divorce but it does get better. You will look back one day and know that you made the right decision for yourself and the children.

Nadia

Comment

finally control over my ex-wife's spending!

One good thing that I can identify is the effect that divorce will have on budgeting. My wife has always been an irresponsible freeloading spender of our family money. She always resisted attempts to design a family budget for our expenses.

Now, with spousal and child support payments, I will have control over our family spending for the first time ever. She will no longer be able to use sex and money as weapons to get what she wants. Too bad it requires divorce to get to this point.

What a pathetic way of looking on the bright side.

Comment

Sex is freewheeling now dude.

Comment

Ha! I guess so.

The pathetic thing is that I have not lost one ounce of desire for my stbx wife. I am having a hard time letting go.

Oh, well. Maybe I can teach my boys to choose better when it is their turn.

Comment

There are a lot of good things about being divorced --
            we can have pets (ex didn't want pets). Now we have two cats and two goldfish
            There is less clutter
            We can goof off and be silly without fear of offending him
            I can sleep at night without fearing him
            I don't have to deal with or see ex on a daily basis (he's only in my thoughts when I have to deal with him, or I'm here!)
            I am much, much freer and I like that -- I like that a lot! :-)

Comment

Having more space to hang my clothes in the cupboard.
              Not having to step on his shoes thrown in the middle of the hallway.
              Not waking up to his snoring.
              Not wondering why he is not home yet.
              Stop expecting, hoping and being disappointed.

Comment

eating what I want
                not having to be a live-in maid and cook
                reading in bed
                my mess is MY mess

Comment

Not having to being a "mother" to a 50 year old.
                  Not having to clean up someone else's mess.
                  Having space that is mine.

Comment

Finding a boyfriend!

Comment

hmmm

No body telling me i am wrong every single day.

Comment

Best part was saving my military pension, then it was not having my ex spending all my money on parties, adultery, gambling, alcohol and so on.

Comment

Originally posted by Kenny View Post
                          ...and so on.
                          What? What? Keep going, it sounds pretty good so far

Comment

Not worrying about what mood he was coming home in every day
                            Not worrying about keeping the kids quiet so they don't bother him
                            Not feeling like a doormatt
                            Being happier then I have in years
                            Finding someone who loves me and my boys and treats them like they're his own

Comment

Humm, sleeping in my own bed instead of the couch.

Comment

- I don't have to live with the constant disappointment of hoping he'd help and him not doing anything or doing the exact opposite of what would be most helpful.

- I don't have to live every day with his selfishness. Now at the end of a visit I just send him home.

- The house is much more peaceful. My teenager is much more relaxed without his father's negativity constantly.

- I no longer have to endure his teasing that were really snide remarks about what he thought about the things that were important to me. He still makes them, but as I'm no longer "responsible" to him, I don't have to listen to them.

- I'm thankful we're still friends...believe it or not. We were lucky in this. We still have many similar interests. We shared and tried to build a life based on (mostly his) these interests and I still enjoy them, and it's nice to have a civil conversation about those things and still like being in each other's company. Our relationship was unconventional from the get-go...looks like it's continuing that way.

- I don't have to worry about his financial wildcards. He was always the one I couldn't predict in the budget and always the one that would set my on-track budget off the track. Now he can wallow in the money management he thought I should have been doing all these years. :-P

- Life is so much more peaceful and quiet and settled on many levels. It's a great relief.

- I no longer have to live with a man who never loved me or respected me.

I'm sure I can come up with a few more.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                                Working...
                                X