Stbx brining partner at home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stbx brining partner at home

Still living in the same house. Stbx is gonna bring boyfriend to the matrimonial home on Christmas eve. What are my options can i get an emergency restraining order as this is the matrimonial home?
    Thanks

Originally posted by abuseddad View Post
    Still living in the same house. Stbx is gonna bring boyfriend to the matrimonial home on Christmas eve. What are my options can i get an emergency restraining order as this is the matrimonial home?
    Thanks
    Has the boyfriend assaulted you or threatened you? If not, an emergency restraining order is not appropriate. The matrimonial home is her home too, unfortunately, and you can't restrict who she invites.

It sounds like a pretty awkward situation on Christmas Eve, and your best bet is probably to get out and go somewhere else. It's unfortunate to leave your home on Christmas Eve, but if you think there's going to be drama with the boyfriend, better to stay away from them. (You do, of course, have the right to remain in your home - whether you want to do so is another question).

Comment

Yea unfortunately not much you can do. She is entitled to have over who she wants and the new bf could spend the night if so she wished him too. Rather sleezy however nothing you can do about it.

Comment

Becareful please. This is a setup for provocation

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
        Working...
        X