Mediator - Alf Mamo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mediator - Alf Mamo

I'mHeading to mediation with Alf Mamo. More damn money after already blowing 12000 on a case conference and a settlement conference. Going to cost another 8000 for this. I should be glad it's not trial which would be much more. Anyone used him for mediation? And was it successsful?

Just realized I posted in wrong forum. I meant to post in divorce and family law. I don't have parenting issues. Ii already have sole custody.

Top notch mediator.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?reload=9&v=ErF7bYzQmms

Justice Czutrin is probably one of the best justices in Family Law and is the Senior Judge of the Family Court in Toronto.

Justice Pazaratz replaced Justice Czutrin in Hamilton. The WorkingDad connection is that Justice Pazaratz heard his matter. Justice Harper did as a well. They are both connected to Justice Czutrin.

Alf Mamo is connected to the best Family Law justices out there. The link is him and Justice Czutrin on a panel.

If you understand the style of Harper, Pazaratz and Czutrin then you understand how Alf Mamo operates. Excellent mediator.

Comment

Thank you for the link. I will take a look.

Comment

Let us know how he is? I'm going to be doing the same hting...hopefully sometime in the near future. Using a mediator to handle finances.

Comment

Originally posted by iona6656 View Post
          Let us know how he is? I'm going to be doing the same hting...hopefully sometime in the near future. Using a mediator to handle finances.
          How you describe your matter I would recommend arbitration in your matter. Not mediation. It doesn't sound like the other party can come to an agreement on anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Tayken View Post
            How you describe your matter I would recommend arbitration in your matter. Not mediation. It doesn't sound like the other party can come to an agreement on anything.

What’s your feeling on med/arb?

v. just taking it to trial?

I’m actually comfortable taking the finances to trial self repped. My old boss - a lawyer as well- said when the other party is unreasonable, the best thing is just to take it to trial. That’s what she did. Mind you- she had an excellent litigation at clerk to help her. One of the judges at a PTC basically forced them to negotiate at settlement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

What’s your feeling on med/arb?

v. just taking it to trial?
              I am not a fan of med-arb structures where the same person does the mediation and arbitration. There is a reason that conference judges can't hear motions or trails in the matter.

The only ones I like is where there is a separate mediator and there are a fixed number of mediation sessions (3 at most) and if they fail it goes to another professional for arbitration and the mediator discloses nothing.

Mediation only works when both parties are willing to compromise. Your matter is WAY TOO complex for mediation. It would be a waste of time and resources.

The thing you need to consider with arbitration is that it is way faster and can reduce costs. Sounds weird when the court is "free" if you go in unrepresented. But, you can put in the arbitration agreement that costs of the arbitration be awarded too. So, you pay up front and you could get your half back if done right. You can also go in unrepresented too. Hard to find an arbitrator that will do this though.

The court is never "free". Its a very slow process. The emotional cost is HIGH. With arbitration, you could get things setup in a matter of 2 weeks and on week 3 be in front of the arbitrator.

I believe you stated prior that you are a legal clerk etc... Work with lawyers.... If you have access to O'Briens Forms get the med-arb, med and arb contract templates and review them. They will give you a lot of insight. Most of the professionals use these templates for their contracts.

I’m actually comfortable taking the finances to trial self repped. My old boss - a lawyer as well- said when the other party is unreasonable, the best thing is just to take it to trial.
              I agree. The fastest way is to private court (arbitration) and in my opinion the cheapest. Problem is... Getting the other party to agree to arbitration. Based on my reading of your matter... I suspect court is your only option.

That’s what she did. Mind you- she had an excellent litigation at clerk to help her. One of the judges at a PTC basically forced them to negotiate at settlement.
              Sounds like they were before a judge in Peel who is excellent at doing this. Basically paints a dire picture of what trial results could be to both parties. Reality slap in the face.

Comment

I’m in Peel- and I’ve heard the same thing about the family judges here, that they’re good.

Who do you like for arbitration? I would rather use someone outside the Toronto bar. My ex’s lawyer is well known there and unfortunately well liked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                Working...
                X