ex refusing to let me see my kids

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ex refusing to let me see my kids

well i am fed up , my ex has been screwing around when it comes to seeing my kids, I was supposed to get this weekend and she missed the ferry to meet me half way. the last two times she has failed to meet at the half way point when i return them saying she is not going to waste her day driving to meet me , she moved them away. so after todays screw up i told her i am going to court to set up supervised pick up and drop off becuse i had enough of her doing this , she said i am threatning her and there fore can't see my kids again till after the court date , i know she can't do this but am i right in what i am doing I am trying to cut out her bs and see my kids , I don't think i was threating her mearly telling this will decided by the courts and limit the bull.
    any thoughts

Another "Deadbeat Mom" all anyone seems to talk about is suggested Deadbeat Dad's but any Mom who denies her children access with the other parent just out of spite is a Deadbeat Mom in my opinion and experience.

Comment

Sometimes the only way to deal with people like this (those who ignore court orders) is to hit them in the wallet - hard.

A motion for full access costs and/or "nanny"?

Why not consider nailing her for full expense of having someone pick up and deliver the children?

Comment

Originally posted by nomad View Post
        well i am fed up , my ex has been screwing around when it comes to seeing my kids, I was supposed to get this weekend and she missed the ferry to meet me half way. the last two times she has failed to meet at the half way point when i return them saying she is not going to waste her day driving to meet me , she moved them away. so after todays screw up i told her i am going to court to set up supervised pick up and drop off becuse i had enough of her doing this , she said i am threatning her and there fore can't see my kids again till after the court date , i know she can't do this but am i right in what i am doing I am trying to cut out her bs and see my kids , I don't think i was threating her mearly telling this will decided by the courts and limit the bull.
        any thoughts
        She can't withhold your access time with the kids. Yes, submit in your change order but in the meantime, she has to abide by court order. There is no going around it.

And no you didn't threaten her. Threatening someone is making them fear for their safety or kids. Sounds like if it's not her way, it's the highway.

Comment

I found this case from BC regarding transporting children to/from on the ferry.

https://www.canlii.org/en/bc/bcsc/do...RyYXZlbAAAAAAB

Comment

-Threatening to take legal action is not considered a threat. In fact her threat to stop you from seeing the children is actually the "threat" because she is threatening to take illegal action to prevent you from exercising your legal right.

What are you going to ask for?

What exactly is the order regarding the access?
            If the criteria are met this might be a cause for contempt.

Comment

I will ask that there be a supervised drop off and pick up point half way we live 6 hours a part , it is in the order that she meet half way and lately i have had to travel all the way cause she refuses to meet half way , she says she is not going to waste the day driving. that way she can't pull these kinds of stunts, and she would have to comply cause it would be the children's aid office .

we have been doing this for 3 years and over the last 4 months she has been pulling these stunts ,
              Last edited by nomad; 10-12-2014, 01:55 PM. Reason: needed to add something

Comment

Get as much from her in writing, in email etc. Her denials will be horrible for her in court. But start getting the backup so she runs out of "room to maneuver".

If you have an email saying she didn't pickup because she is tired of it...then it blocks her in from changing her story in the affidavit....watch out...when cornered she will start to say anything. Like he threatened to kill me if he saw me and I am fearful of him etc.

Start cutting her off on the corners in any argument she might invent.

Comment

And yes you are right on the money buddy. Stick to your guns.

Comment

cause she is broke and they would only add to my expense , and i am damn near broke my self

Comment

Thanksgiving weekend to boot. Oops .. missed the ferry. Sorry to hear that buddy. I'm not seeing my little one for thanksgiving either.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                      Working...
                      X