Strangers in and out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strangers in and out

Ex is running one of those air bnb places. My daughters will be there while strangers are in and out. One daughter has already expressed to myself and others that she doesn't feel comfortable with so many people there all the time (it's a communal living situation with ex, our two daughters and 4 other adults). Now before you jump on me, I know...it's her place her decisions. I'm just worried about strangers around my kids.

Call CAS and see what they say. No issue? Then that should tell you everything you need to know.

Comment

I agree with Blinks.

It sucks your ex is putting daughter in an awkward situation she's not comfortable in, but there's nothing you can do unless she's in real danger.
      If she's old enough, maybe she can talk to your ex herself.

Everyone is around strangers every single day, at work, at the grocery store, in the park, at school, it will never end, so maybe look at it positively, in that your daughter will be challenged to learn how to communicate with many different types of people.

Comment

Strangers aren't an issue. Lots of strangers are good people.

Why not call the other parent or email them with this: I have some concerns about the B+B as it relates to the kids. Do you think we could chat about them?

CAS is for child protection issues. You have none at this time.

Comment

is it a real b&b or is it renting out rooms to roommates?

Comment

I guess I'm just working up my trust. It's a real advertised bnb. I know it's good to meet new people. It's the thought of strangers sleeping in the bedroom next to my girls that concerns me. Not a cas issue as nothing's happened

Comment

I use AirBandB. Its a trusted site. We have never had any problems. I think you need to tell your daughter to talk with Your ex and let your ex deal with it. Tell your daughter that her Mom would want to know,how,she,feels and that is who she talk about this with.

Comment

How about a latch on the inside of the door? (If child is old enough, I know there's fire safety concerns with that, maybe it would make her feel more comfortable?

Or maybe focus on the positive, people who stay in b n bs are usual just on vacation, nice, think how exciting it is for mom the have her own business?

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                Working...
                X