Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Child Support

I'm curious,

My son is 19 and dropped out of school at 18. He currently stays at home and is attempting to find a job.

My daughter is 23 already received a degree from university. She did 5 years there. Now she is currently enrolled in a college. She has 1.5 years to go to get her diploma. Next month the college will send her on a coop program where she will be getting paid. This will last approx. 4-6 months.

What are my obligations to Child Support?

Thanks

None. CS ended for kid 1 when she finished her first degree. Kid 2 is not entitled anymore after 18 as he is not in school full time.

Comment

I hoping that's the case as it would offset the SS. I do have an appt with a Lawyer this week, I know at one point they said I may have to still pay for my 23 year old since she is still in school. Guess one never knows.

Comment

Shes finished her first degree which makes it unlikely. If she needs the second degree to get a job maybe and if your income is high maybe as well.

There are a lot of factors. Plus you may have to increase ss depending on the circumstances too.

Your best bet would be to compare the cost of fighting it over what you would pay before instructing your lawyer to fight. Lawyers always get paid regardless of outcomes.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
        Working...
        X