Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Also, I contacted the paralegal association of Ontario to inquire whether or not an individual who received paralegal education in QC could work as a paralegal in ON.

I got a response saying: Hello,

"If an applicant has paralegal certification from another jurisdiction or professional experience, they may contact one of the accredited colleges in order to request a possible advanced status with respect to obtaining the accreditation to apply to the Paralegal licensing process"

The gave me a list of accredited colleges that ANY paralegal must graduate from: Paralegal Education Program Accreditation | The Law Society of Upper Canada

I wonder if she's contacted any to ask for an "advanced status" in accreditation, (or it may even be equal). I know the exact college and certificate she got. I could probably ask as well.

Comment

• Yeah good move. Good to be prepared because you are going to be delving into her lack of employment and living 'on the dole' at this upcoming court date. Some people manage to get an Order setting out a very specific job-search reporting system (which would be much more comprehensive than that of the local Ontario Works office).

It would be interesting to know how much the process costs (because of course she will respond that she can't afford it right?... just like the internet).

Yeah I'd get cost, date of exams (if any required) etc.

Comment

• LF32... I forget, is your ex on welfare or just has a legal aid lawyer? If she is on welfare one of the reasons she may be refusing school is because if you are on welfare you are exempt from looking for work or working until the child is in school full time.

The reason I know this is because when my cousin was living with me, I took her to get welfare and the lady out right told us she was exempt from all mandatory employment processes that welfare had until her son was in school full time. I was completely shocked, seeing as the working parents only get a year off paid!

Comment

• Ex is on Welfare.

Working a job is not her motivation. I know she parties a lot (friends of friends), goes on many trips that cost $$, etc. A job's not a priority for her right now.

Comment

• And that is the motivation to not send D4 to school. She also is pushing school off because D4 is not old enough to go to school in Quebec.

Starting age is 5 by September. I'm rooting for you to get the school issue addresssed in your motion and win this.

Don't be suprised of what comes your way in the next few days leading upto the motion.

Comment

• The j/k's just had their assembly (I just got back from it .. im on break)

WOW! They sang, danced .. parents were crying. The entire time I just prayed that D4 wold have that same opportunity come September. All she does is dance and sing at our house. She wants this so bad. It would facilitate her development in a holistic manner.

I've looked for months for caselaw where Parent A says no j/k and judge rules yes to J/K. It's always over which schools.

Please for the love of god let D4 experience the magic of j/k. Ex will come in saying she's not ready, too many changes in her life, nightmares .. whatever .. all BS.

This is the primary reason for the motion. School.

Good_mom .. I totally forgot that QC didn't start school until age 5. Yet another indication of her motives.

The judge will let her attend school right? It's even the same school D8 is in. D8 could help her out, make her feel comfortable there, etc.

I'm starting to get the jitters.

Comment

• And you will say that starting her in JK will give D4 stability and she will become part of the group right from the start. Better to intergrade with the J/K class now then have to feel like the new kid in class later.

Your job is to have a list of positive for J/K that are backed up. They have to prove otherwise. D4 was seen by Doc and said no issues...they have to prove otherwise.

Here look at this link. Sorry if I’m not posting this correctly Mods.

http://news.ontario.ca/edu/en/2013/09/study-shows-benefits-of-full-day-kindergarten.html

Comment

• Only in Family Law can you get twists in a old game

Rule number 1 for non gender specific parents to gain custody....get established and develop roots (stability)

School is the tool of choice....along with activities, neighbourhood kid friends, and a dash of support personnel (the butcher the mailperson, the dog walker etc)

IF your a non gender specific access parent who wants "joint" you pretty much have to buy the house next to your ex. So that the balance the EX worked on is maintained.

School in LF32's non prejudicial custody matter if awarded is a fairly big nod from a Judge on him getting custody.

Would a Judge do it? I think that depends on how well prepared LF32 was pleading why J/K should be given.....and hopefully Goldilocks lawyer isn't prepared with solid rebuttals

Why skip a March SC and go to a Motion instead ..another reason.... depends on the Trial waiting list. (LF32's lawyer would know that one)

A March SC would of led to June/July Trial Management Conference...which would of led to being on a waiting list for Trial.....there would be no way of getting September J/K ruled on by the end of August.

It's a long shot but it's another valid point (depending on how backed up the court is in your area)

Nothing stops you from serving and filing more affidavit material but I'm not sure when that cut-off date is.

Your fully aware if you don't get J/K at the Motion....it ain't gonna happen for September.

Just like if you got the J/K goldilocks pretty much has to stay forever in your town.....or go by herself to Quebec.

pretty sure a Judge understands goldilocks game... so she best have great reasons (won't have any) and a welfare bum has plenty of time to walk a child to school. (so no harm approving school because it doesn't conflict with anything...like a JOB or Religion)
                  Last edited by MrToronto; 06-19-2015, 08:53 PM.

Comment

• Twisting is right. As far as know there is not a law a child must go into the school system. Now you would think a child is entitled to to an education legally somehow, even if you had to go into our charter of rights. and of course the owness is on you to prove this. I roll my eyes.
                    Now the mother can easily squash all of your efforts by simply home schooling. Hopefully she is not smart enough to think of this, and of course how can you prove she is not?
                    I,ll tell you. File a motion to prove it, hire some experts to asses the little girls IQ level and prove to a judge there is educational abuse going on. I think I just created an original LABEL.
                    I am not happy to mention this and I am hoping to be corrected.

Comment

• Originally posted by Franklin View Post
                      Now the mother can easily squash all of your efforts by simply home schooling. Hopefully she is not smart enough to think of this, and of course how can you prove she is not?
                      Naa she's not pondering home schooling. She wants to wait another year (S\K). It's even in black and white (OCL report).
                      Thats when QC kindergrten starts. She wants things to go her way over the next year (win custody) and high tail it to Le Quebec.

It will be more:
                      1. "She's not ready and there have been too many changes in her life already, she needs a therapist, etc).

2. Playgroups are just like j/k and she has solidified friends there, they teach her french there, etc.

That would be a total curve ball if she came in with the home schooling thing .. who knows? Not much surprises me anymore.

All I now is I did my research on the benefits of j/k in comparison to these playgroups run by mothers and my case for j/k is pretty solid.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrToronto View Post
                        Would a Judge do it? I think that depends on how well prepared LF32 was pleading why J/K should be given.....and hopefully Goldilocks lawyer isn't prepared with solid rebuttals
                        Ex's rebuttals will be:
                        1. D4 emotional problems that need to be worked out .LF32 wont agree to it
                        2. D4 stability = buddies already in playgroup...playgroup like kindergarten
                        3. D4..Change in routine not in best interests. Too many recent changes.
                        4. LF32 and I agreed long ago that she would enter S/K.
                        5. LF32 registered her without asking my permission and in HIS area.
                        6. LF32 is just doing this for custody reasons.

This is the type of stuff the OP will rebut with. These will be some of my rebuttals:

1. No issues seen here. Family Dr. saw no issues either (Ex's counter = D doesn't open up to LF32).

2. Many of her friends in playgroup will be headed to j/k themselves.
                        J/K prepares for formal learning. Qualified teachers (not mom's).
                        Progress reports, etc. (I have 6-7 doc's from gov't website detailing the
                        benefits of J/K.

3. This change in routine will provide stability (same friends every single day) and throughout the years. Same routines every day (reading time, play time, academics, etc). Improve exchanges (which ex used to say bothered her). Improves access schedules to facilitate BOTH parents jobs. Finally some stability for D4 in a socially/cognitively stimulating environment.
                        D8 will also be there with her to help her every step of the way.

4. I have never agreed with ex to wait for S/K. Blatant lie on her end.

5. I did ask her about J/K and was continuously shut down. Registration week was one week. Despite what some other posters have said classes actually do run out of room and this school is one of the best in the city. So I went ahead just in case ex had a change of heart or judge agreed with me.

6. I am not doing this for any kind of custody reasons. This is purely in her best interests. She sings, reads, dances, is artistic, is learning French. What a GREAT environment kindergarten will be. She will flourish there. It is indefinitely in her best interest.

7. I checked school ratings and the ones her area (low income) were b/w 1-5 with no french immersion. Mine is an 8.5, in a great neighborhood and has early french immersion.

I would still be super happy if a judge ruled she could attend j/k .. even if it's in her area. As long as she doesnt have to miss out on this extraordinary experience.

Like I said, I just watched our j/k's year end assembly performance and it was touching. Singing, dancing, etc. D4 wants this and deserves this.

Then a judge will give his decisions and ruling on school.

Comment

• Originally posted by Berner_Faith View Post
                          If she is on welfare one of the reasons she may be refusing school is because if you are on welfare you are exempt from looking for work or working until the child is in school full time.
                          And of course the above .. is in my ex's best interests .. free ride for another year. Think about the child for once!!

Comment

• I'm curious. When is your ex's financial situation (and lack of job) dealt with? Is it going to be dealt with at the upcoming motion or a year from now (or whenever) you go to trial?

Is she ever going to be held accountable and provide a detailed job search record?

Comment

• Originally posted by arabian View Post
                              I'm curious. When is your ex's financial situation (and lack of job) dealt with? Is it going to be dealt with at the upcoming motion or a year from now (or whenever) you go to trial?

Is she ever going to be held accountable and provide a detailed job search record?
                              Good point, I could understand a 50'ish SAHW who hasen't worked in 30 years to ask for Welfare, but your Ex is young and able-bodied. Why is she still depending on society for her bread and butter?

Surely a judge would look at this and say: 'why is this person not actively looking for work and why is she not contributing to the financial aspects of raising D4?'

Does this have anything to do with her 'allegations' of being a victim of domestic violence? Because if that's truly the case, she would be in intensive therapy and taking meds for PTSD?

Doesn't add up .... This is to your advantage LF32

Comment

• ^you can bet that is EXACTLY why she isn't working. I would hazard a guess that she puts in, and keeps an accurate record of, weekly kumbaya gatherings at the women's shelter. She will then try to say that she is undergoing intense therapy.

Must be tiring to have to keep dying the color of one's hair, falsely thinking that one can keep ahead of drug screen testing.
                                Last edited by arabian; 06-20-2015, 12:40 PM.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                                Working...
                                X