No announcement yet.

Informal Tax Court - Challenging the Dependent Credit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you have access to this change of wordings in 2008? I can't find it. Also, why if they say "yes" to accepting a letter do I have them? Not challenging, just trying to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by vocalfather View Post
      Thanks involveddad75 - would you feel comfortable sharing the letter you shared with the supervisor in it's entirety? I'm just curious if it matches what I'm experiencing at present.
      That is the relevant parts.
      In my case my ex moved out of the home, as such under the law she left the children technically with me. After trial she was forced to move back to my town.

The rest of the letter deals with law regarding when parents separate and who has custody until a court order. I argued successfully that baring anything if they were going to deny me, and both to my ex, they should follow the law, and give me both children and my ex none, because technically I had sole custody for 1 1/2 years while we went through court. But I would prefer just getting one child.

They looked at the matter with my MP (2011) and agreed and gave each parent one child.

The beginning of the letter also dealt with daycare costs, I was paying because while the children were with me I needed daycare. While they were with mom they didn't.

Comment

Do you have access to this change of wordings in 2008? I can't find it. Also, why if they say "yes" to accepting a letter do I have them? Not challenging, just trying to understand.
        Sorry, state that if your ex had agreed to sign the letter, then you would be given the children. But she refuses.
        State to them that it's not important about the letter, check her tax return. Her actions on her tax return give you permission.

Ask them if they really want it known that CRA wants families to go back into court and waste tax payors money, or that CRA wants to tell judges how to do their job.

But get up to a level where the person has discretion.

Comment

At the end of the day, explain it shouldn't hinge on you and your ex cooperating to the letter, your separated.

Comment

No I don't but check the link I provided, from divorcemate.
            it refers to it.
            I believe the guide in internal.
            If you find it let me know.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
            Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
            Working...
            X