Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

New posts


  Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law > Common Law Issues

Common Law Issues The law regarding common law relationships is different than in cases of divorce. Discuss the issues that affect unmarried couples here.

Closed Thread
Thread Tools
Old 03-08-2010, 01:32 AM
1968devil1972 1968devil1972 is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1
1968devil1972 is on a distinguished road
Default moving after seperation with children

When my ex and I separated a a few years ago, he put a 4 month court order on me saying i need to give him 4 months notice of my intent to move as we lived in the same town. Very shortly after having this court order put on, he moved to Sask (2 provinces away and has been there for a year now). Since he has moved, he has come back 1 time to see the kids (5 days of which he spent about a total of 12 hours with the kids the telling them he had to get back to Sask, the rest of the time he spent hiding at a friends house drinking). Does anyone know if the court order can still be enforced, and if so what is the easiest and fastest way to get it removed.
Now, it is not like he can’t see the kids when he wants to, he still can see them when he wants to… just that currently I am living in an isolated area of British Columbia and with three kids that is hard. My husband needs to move to find full time steady work… we also want to get the kids in a better school system. The kids also want to move as there is nothing for them to do here.
Can he dispute this in court or something if he still doesn’t want us to move, even though it would be better for the kids?
What is the worst that can happen if we move with a court order in place?
If anyone has any input, suggestions, etc it would be greatly appreciated.

Old 03-08-2010, 07:36 AM
standing on the sidelines standing on the sidelines is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Kitchener Ontario
Posts: 5,695
standing on the sidelines is on a distinguished road

it is a court order and until it is lifted it can be enforced. Give him his 4 month warning and then if needed, take it to court.
Closed Thread

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Joint Physical Custody: Smart Solution or Problematic Plan? WorkingDAD Parenting Issues 19 09-17-2012 06:38 AM
Is there a standard form for moving with children? Kim Bowes Parenting Issues 1 08-13-2011 07:39 AM
Moving children across canada momwishingmobility Divorce & Family Law 33 08-06-2011 12:23 PM
Divorcing Well SigRent Parenting Issues 2 05-06-2010 09:02 PM
parents moving away with children?? rall Divorce & Family Law 2 11-22-2009 07:57 PM

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:46 PM.