No announcement yet.

Grandparent tracking my kids devices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know what that was. Follow the facts - this isn't a choose your own adventure. I was specific in talking about his case and overall outcome, not this non-issue.

I agree on the "equal" equalization and most likely longer payments... my comment was more towards your hopes of being repaid for all your ss/cs, etc. Big difference. But you seem to be ready to move on regardless and just focus on your kids - which is great. Are you still going for 50/50? That would seem to be the answer to most of your issues. And remember, your objective is to impute which you did - not get them employed.

Comment

1. basically for ss, her only option will be to take a buy-out as she will have crushing debt otherwise, short marriage and getting close to length of marriage, i want to give her the smaller buy out with a step down starting now

2. I do not expect to get ss back, but the credit shortens the overall duration, the other side piece is that her lawyer's legal action created significant prejudice against me and that has to be remedied

3. I will be very creative and likely maximize CRA tax benefits in whatever I do

4. right now it is 6/14 nights. I just want 1 extra night every two weeks and have a 2/2/5/5 and maybe week on/off in summer

5. we already have shared parenting 50/50 ndi on support now, so that extra night will have 0 impact on finances

6. I can only do the above if she actually communicates and wants to mediate, the more on lawyers the less i can help her. Part of upcoming motion will be...here is our letter with form 20 showing the bad situation, dad wants to mediate, it worked well for kids, they shouldn't waste money on lawyers. she email me back saying, she wont mediate.

the worst thing in all this, if I am discussing what is going on, so many women will say I wish my ex was a father like you, so many men given us bad reps

Comment

Originally posted by StillPaying View Post
        I don't know what that was. Follow the facts - this isn't a choose your own adventure. I was specific in talking about his case and overall outcome, not this non-issue.

The irony of your first posts in a thread called "Grandparent tracking my kids devices" and the "choose your own adventure" comment ....well there it is.

Overall I am curious about the same but waiting for those posts, maybe I will PM KCC and ask.

Comment

Originally posted by Brampton33 View Post
          Any advice on what KKC (and others) can do regarding grandparents who over-insert themselves in the affairs of parents? Where you are aware that grandparents are petty and bashing the other parent, yet claim that they love their grandchildren dearly? Completely oblivious that when you speak poorly about a parent, it seriously impacts the children, yet the grandparents feel invincible because its not their court matter, etc.

They follow the rule of “I love my grandchildren but hate my child’s ex more”. There really isn’t much you can do other than ignore them and redirect your kids. The good news is they won’t be around forever. The bad news is some of them have a lot of influence over the kids. If you have a lot of time with your kids you can redirect them accordingly.

My husband’s ex mother in law wielded a lot of power and it was truly shameful what she did. Unfortunately it was something she had done before the split so he had no power throughout the marriage. His ex refused to take responsibility and separate herself from her mother.

Comment

Originally posted by Brampton33 View Post
            Any advice on what KKC (and others) can do regarding grandparents who over-insert themselves in the affairs of parents? Where you are aware that grandparents are petty and bashing the other parent, yet claim that they love their grandchildren dearly? Completely oblivious that when you speak poorly about a parent, it seriously impacts the children, yet the grandparents feel invincible because its not their court matter, etc.
            Thread hijacking in place.
            There will be a people that will say something "you can't do anything about it, let the kids grow up and decide for themselves" and that isn't true. Maybe they couldn't do anything about it but in many cases you can.

If you create a new thread I will throw my 2 cents in.

Comment

You can’t spend your life battling everyone that comes along or taking everyone to court. Some things can be ignored. Taykens plan was quite effective and would work. Kids dont like conflict and if it is constant conflict everywhere they go, it turns them to just staying in the place where there is less conflict. If the rule at dads house is all tracking goes off and the phones switch then its a simple solution.

You dont have to attend every battle you are invited to. Spend your energy loving your kids rather than hating their grandparents. They will see the difference.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
              Working...
              X