Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Financial Issues

Financial Issues This forum is for discussing any of the financial issues involved in your divorce.

Old 11-11-2021, 04:41 PM

Tayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by iona6656 View Post
if it's venting. then sure. But if you're going to try to do something about getting 50% of the costs of winter clothes by withholding CS or consider court for it...then you're leaning petty.

This board is a pretty good sounding board/mirror to figure out when you're being petty and spouting nonsense.

Multiple people are saying to Brampton33- arguing over this is petty. Trying to subtract this from CS is nonsense AND will land you in court- costing you more money in the long run.
B-I-N-G-O...

I hope it is "venting" and nothing else. Brampton seems "ok" with most of his comments but, this one has me puzzled.
Old 11-12-2021, 11:52 AM

Brampton33 is on a distinguished road

It is just venting. I just find it disheartening that my ex is so petty. These are our kids. The ones she fought so hard to keep for herself in court. And yet she cannot be bothered when it comes to anything financial-related associated with them. Its like this is a bi-product of her feeling sour grapes for us having 50/50 as outcome of court.
Old 11-13-2021, 02:36 PM

LMum is on a distinguished road

My ex is not paying child support, he should be but we haven't settle yet and there's been no order..... getting there.

However, I have been paying for everything for our child. He told me he would take him to get all the winter clothing which he did. I thought he was doing it to be a good dad. Well this past week I get the receipts and asked to pay half. I was put off, still am, and thought. WHAT NERVE! This person has ignored almost every receipt I have sent him up to now.

However, I still sent him half the money. Not cause I wanted to, trust me I wanted to tell him where to go. But 1. my child is warm and 2. I'm not causing any conflict. Its a tough pill to swallow, but as you all say here "not a hill to die on". I just documented it and moved on.
Old 11-13-2021, 05:45 PM

rockscan will become famous soon enoughrockscan will become famous soon enough

You should have told him you will take your share off what he owes you for all the other stuff.
Old 11-13-2021, 07:15 PM

LMum is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockscan View Post
You should have told him you will take your share off what he owes you for all the other stuff.
Trust me I wanted to, and I waited 2 days before I sent it (made him ask twice). If I had done that it would be 4 months of "bad". Its a cycle of shorts periods of good and long periods of bad. I'm just trying to keep myself sane and its not worth the fight. I'm also keeping track of everything, hopefully we can use some of it to knock down the final payment I give him.