Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

Old 07-01-2019, 07:58 PM

thh1 is on a distinguished road
Default Summer camp schedule with the other parent

Hi, all, I have sole custody for both kids and our summer time is one week on and off. I have already registered kids summer camp in my time, but their dad doesnt want to register them in summer camp in his time. he need to work full time and he is going to let his parents to take care kids in his house. I am willing to pay all the cost without any reimbursement. However he didnt let me to do that but let kids playing vedio game all day. Any suggestion? I am not sure if I could go for a motion.
Old 07-01-2019, 08:16 PM

rockscan will become famous soon enoughrockscan will become famous soon enough

What they do on his time is his business. You dont get a say. If he works, his deal. If his parents come over, his deal. You get the picture.
Old 07-01-2019, 09:41 PM

Karma2016 is on a distinguished road

Control freak much? You want to start a motion because the childrens grandparents will babysit while their father works? Chill out.
Old 07-01-2019, 09:59 PM

Janus will become famous soon enoughJanus will become famous soon enough

Obviously, a motion to force the father to send the kids to camp during his parenting time is a non-starter. You would be laughed out of court so fast the Flash would have a hard time keeping up. Maybe you can make him an offer? Let Dad have 5 weeks in the summer while you have 3, and in return they attend camp during the day.

Also.. Karma, please do not use sentence fragments. This is a grammatically correct forum. I expect full sentences at all times. "Chill out" is completely unacceptable. "Control freak much?" is not substantially better. I do offer grammar tutoring at competitive prices; send me your credit card info and we will work something out.
Old 07-01-2019, 11:07 PM

phatkid77 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janus View Post
Obviously, a motion to force the father to send the kids to camp during his parenting time is a non-starter. You would be laughed out of court so fast the Flash would have a hard time keeping up. Maybe you can make him an offer? Let Dad have 5 weeks in the summer while you have 3, and in return they attend camp during the day.

Also.. Karma, please do not use sentence fragments. This is a grammatically correct forum. I expect full sentences at all times. "Chill out" is completely unacceptable. "Control freak much?" is not substantially better. I do offer grammar tutoring at competitive prices; send me your credit card info and we will work something out.

Laughed out of the court......
Heres my question, would a lawyer actually file that motion or would they actually give sound legal
Advice here?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-01-2019, 11:39 PM

Karma2016 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janus View Post

How about bite me?
Old 07-02-2019, 11:48 AM

Berner_Faith will become famous soon enough

Why should the kids be in camp over spending time with their grandparents? There is absolutely nothing you can do if he doesnt want them in camp during his weeks... regardless of if you have sole custody and primary residency what he does on his time is his choice

Old 07-02-2019, 12:39 PM

Ange71727 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by thh1 View Post
Hi, all, I have sole custody for both kids and our summer time is one week on and off. I have already registered kids summer camp in my time, but their dad doesnt want to register them in summer camp in his time. he need to work full time and he is going to let his parents to take care kids in his house. I am willing to pay all the cost without any reimbursement. However he didnt let me to do that but let kids playing vedio game all day. Any suggestion? I am not sure if I could go for a motion.

I am in the situation where my ex has registered the kids for summer camp on his time and is demanding that I do the same (and also pay for half of all of it). I have told him not a chance, because I should be able to decide what we are going to do on my parenting time, and I might value different experiences than him (ie. travel, spending time together at home, play dates etc.). Video games arent an ideal way for a kid to spend a summer, but you cant dictate what the other parent does, sole custody or not. Spending time with grandparents is always fun for my kids - they wouldnt want to be in camps the entire summer.