Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

Old 09-02-2016, 02:05 PM

LovingFather32 is an unknown quantity at this point

Interesting pick up today. Ex went on about how she's trying to find work .. and can't seem to get call backs. She said she went into Gatineau and everything.

BS .... I went out and found a second job right away. This is a bilingual, educated woman.

How awkward it will be to send that offer now. Arrgh

Last edited by LovingFather32; 09-02-2016 at 02:56 PM.
Old 09-02-2016, 04:31 PM

shirley1011 is on a distinguished road

sounds like she is reading this forum
Old 09-02-2016, 05:02 PM

arabian will become famous soon enough

^ ditto

She's playing you...

It's really irrelevant though. You have to have the conversation/communication. the longer you put it off the more and more she can legitimately say her education is dated and she has been out of the workforce too long.
Old 09-02-2016, 06:46 PM

Yea she may be reading this .. dont care. She may "think" she's playing me. lol

All I know is that she's been off vacationing in QC all summer ... not seeking employment with her full weeks off. Job opportunities are rampant.

I didn't really reply to her "cant find work" stuff. SO MANY places are hiring its ridiculous..and she would get first dibs with her education background and bilingualism.

We'll see what she says with the OTS. Hey Im offering to settle this out of court. I cant pay for her to stay on Welly her whole life can I?...I have a life too.
Old 09-06-2016, 10:18 PM

I figure Ill get that OTS out in the next few days. I already know she'll disagree with it all and say what she said to my face...that there are no jobs in Gatineau or Ottawa that will call her back.

I'm back to FT work and will be forced to work another job to keep my head above water in the meantime.
I mentioned that D5's school had contacted me asking if I was interested in working extended day programs mornings and nights.....she said it wasn't enough hours.

I hope she knows that Im collecting all available job postings and that Tim Hortons and McDonalds hire every day.

Can she really just hop in to the court room with her resume and a possible job search and say she cant find work?..case closed?

Anybody have any extra tips/ideas/suggestions? Im pretty confident in my case but I dont want to miss anything.
Old 09-06-2016, 11:06 PM

Rioe will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovingFather32 View Post
I figure Ill get that OTS out in the next few days. I already know she'll disagree with it all and say what she said to my face...that there are no jobs in Gatineau or Ottawa that will call her back.

I'm back to FT work and will be forced to work another job to keep my head above water in the meantime.
I mentioned that D5's school had contacted me asking if I was interested in working extended day programs mornings and nights.....she said it wasn't enough hours.

I hope she knows that Im collecting all available job postings and that Tim Hortons and McDonalds hire every day.

Can she really just hop in to the court room with her resume and a possible job search and say she cant find work?..case closed?

Anybody have any extra tips/ideas/suggestions? Im pretty confident in my case but I dont want to miss anything.
I think it's important to come at this from the approach that you're not asking her to find work, though you do believe it is available to someone of her qualifications. You're just asking to have her income imputed to minimum wage at the least, so that you can stop subsidizing her ability to remain unemployed with full table child support. As the previous judge intended.
Old 09-06-2016, 11:35 PM
Banned

trinton has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovingFather32 View Post

Just don't come off as it's any of your business, it really is not. At the end of the day, no one will be able to predict what the judge will decide. The judges discretion is huge.

Just simply ask for minimum wage to be imputed to her and leave it at that. let her argue her side and let the judge rule. It's good that you are saving all job postings - you could see which ones she applied to and which ones she ignored. I think she will have to provide her job search activity and OW should also have something about her job search activity (OW should be helping her find a job) - perhaps you could ask for those records.

Be careful about taking on another job, it will effect your availability to spend time with your child and also effect child support table amount - she can have your new gross salary imputed and if you ever give up the second job you will still be expected to earn the same amount.
Old 09-07-2016, 07:12 AM

rockscan will become famous soon enoughrockscan will become famous soon enough

I sent you a private message. Have that stuff back pocket. Maybe look at cases on canlii where a wage was imputed.
Old 09-07-2016, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rioe View Post
You're just asking to have her income imputed to minimum wage at the least, so that you can stop subsidizing her ability to remain unemployed with full table child support. As the previous judge intended.
That's some slick wording .. I agree. I feel like by not going to court Im enabling her to stay on our wonderful Welfare system .. when she has no reason to be there anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinton View Post
I think she will have to provide her job search activity and OW should also have something about her job search activity (OW should be helping her find a job) - perhaps you could ask for those records.
Good point. I also have to serve OW whatever I serve her, which may serve as a catalyst for an investigation (or closer monitoring).

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockscan View Post
I sent you a private message. Have that stuff back pocket. Maybe look at cases on canlii where a wage was imputed.
Yes, thanks for all that great info Rock. I appreciate it.

I also found this thread on ODF to be pretty helpful. http://www.ottawadivorce.com/forum/f...ployment-5930/

I also feel like D5 is starting to be curious. She asks why some women don't work and if men are stronger and better at things. Breaks my heart. She now says she wants to become a nurse like my g/f is very soon to becoming (Oct). D5 is starting to grow and learn about occupations ... it would so healthy to see her mom have one.

Think Ill go delve in to some more caselaw.

Last edited by LovingFather32; 09-07-2016 at 09:20 PM.
Old 09-07-2016, 09:56 PM

rockscan will become famous soon enoughrockscan will become famous soon enough

Be careful with the gender stuff. My partners kids think women have to be controlling powerful people and men are subservient. Messed up them and messed up him living with that.

Tags
50/50, child support, pay, shared parenting, welfare