Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

Old 08-28-2016, 02:34 PM
Banned

trinton has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Default Claiming overpayment of support to FRO

When I received my NOA, I started paying to FRO a new amount of CS and made a lump sum payment to address arrears accumulated for that year (my income for that year was higher than the amount used to calculate my support payments)

Later, I consented to an court order to for FRO to be able to take the correct payments and pay her the arrears that I consented to. There was also an over-payment of child support by me in the year before that which was addressed in the consent I signed.

Aside from the over-payment in the one year, the amount I sent to FRO to address my new income was more than what I consented to pay CS currently. As it turns out, from my math, FRO has a credit balance on my account.

I am trying to address this with FRO but it has been a hectic chase as first they claimed to not have any SDO from the court and now they are short staffed - a complaint to the ministry had them reach out to me to get someone in touch with me citing that they are short staffed and they apologized for this.

Would they be able to refund the credit balance? How do I take the credit balance back from FRO? Should I deduct the amount from the support payments I make ? (I send them in by online banking).

Anyone had to deal with this before?
Old 08-28-2016, 05:31 PM

shirley1011 is on a distinguished road

my son is dealing with this now and his overpayment will be held toward future c/s payments. Do you have a pin # to access your account with FRO...if so you will be able to see the amount of credit and how it is dispersed.
Old 08-29-2016, 05:35 PM
Banned

trinton has a little shameless behaviour in the past

THey said I could deduct the credit from the next payment but they are only showing a balance of $200 when it should be of just over $1200 . Trying to find out where the extra $1000 has gone.

If this amount was transferred by an accounting mistake on their end, how would I get this money back from FRO?