Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce Support

Divorce Support This forum is for discussing the emotional aspects of divorce: stress, anger, betrayal of trust and more.

Old 10-28-2015, 10:58 AM

LovingFather32 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by dad2bandm View Post
I think you said your conference was today?

If so, good luck. Hope some good comes out of it.
Thanks dad2bandm

Nervous as always.

I got a voicemail from OCL this morning on my cell stating that they have my intake form..but that ex still hasn't submitted hers. I thought she was worried about behaviors? Thats what her motions and conferences are about?

The reality is she doesnt want OCL. She knows D4 will tell them the truth. Shes gambling that I dont want OCL either .. using them as a delay tactic. But I actually do want them. It's the only shot the courts have at getting the truth from D4 at this point about a number of issues.
Old 10-28-2015, 11:32 AM

good_mom is on a distinguished road

Good luck today. Keep the voicemail message and you can play it in court today.

Stay calm and push on! D4 needs you! I was raised by my dad and know first hand that dads are great parents.
Old 10-28-2015, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by good_mom View Post
Good luck today. Keep the voicemail message and you can play it in court today.

Stay calm and push on! D4 needs you! I was raised by my dad and know first hand that dads are great parents.
Goodmom stop. My eyes are starting to water. Lol
I love that little girl more than anything. Suit 'n' tie and ready to go once again. Fingers crossed.
Old 10-28-2015, 12:25 PM

MrToronto is on a distinguished road

Yeah just a little more perjury over OCl to add to the LAO scumbags steaming pile.

Courts like oatmeal for breakfest......sometimes it's too gooey.....sometimes to hot...sometimes to cold or too lumpy

BUT's it's always the same dam OATMEAL.

Let's just see what todays oatmeal is.
Old 10-28-2015, 02:50 PM

I'm sitting outside the courtroom and LAO lawyer came over to chat with my lawyer ... giving mean looks to me. So I'm posting this message to not engage and pretend I'm busy.
Old 10-28-2015, 02:53 PM

shirley1011 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovingFather32 View Post
I'm sitting outside the courtroom and LAO lawyer came over to chat with my lawyer ... giving mean looks to me. So I'm posting this message to not engage and pretend I'm busy.
I feel your pain....and all so unnecessary. We are all hoping for a good outcome for you today.
Old 10-28-2015, 02:55 PM

OntarioMomma is on a distinguished road

It's just a game playing lawyer.
That sort of thing is immature, it would make me think LAO lawyer is nowhere near as confident as he's portraying to be.
Dirty looks are trying way too hard to "intimidate".

I've been following your story LF32, you've got this.
Focus on the facts and your daughter, like you've been doing, and the truth will come through.

Just breathe, stay calm, one step at a time. One day you'll look back on this with a feeling of accomplishment that you not only survived but came out the other end with a result in the best interest of your little girl.
Old 10-28-2015, 07:40 PM

rockscan will become famous soon enoughrockscan will become famous soon enough

No news yet? Im starting to get worried
Old 10-28-2015, 07:46 PM

Rioe will become famous soon enough

Well, it is Wednesday. Maybe we'll hear from him after D4's bedtime.

Last edited by Rioe; 10-28-2015 at 07:46 PM. Reason: Yes, I'm an optimist.
Old 10-28-2015, 09:32 PM

Default Sc # 2

You got it Rioe. I don't venture on here when I have D4. She's sound asleep now.

SC went great in most ways.

Lets start with great:

GOOD STUFF

Judges thoughts:

1. Only fair to share the driving. Not fair to me if I do it all. Or have a half way point.

2. PUT KID IN SCHOOL NOW and GET A JOB! (Probably my favorite part).

3. Look at Future...stop with the old allegations. (Judge was not pleased with their attack)

4. No OCL...judge said they had their chance and weren't sincere.

5. Equal holidays (suggested to use my lawyers template)ex did not like this.

6. I get Halloween...and judge preferred our X-mas schedule (equalexs was not equal)

7. Judge: Ms ex...are you planning to move to QC"?
Ex: "NO. I would never do that".
Judge: Is your paralegal stuff good in ON.
Ex: Yes
LAO lawyer: "Looks at her and says "No it isn't" (weird)
Ex: "Well...I can still work under lawyers I think"
Judge: How often do you go to QC? Answer: 2-4 days once/twice a month.

8. But judge said "Oh..that might be a good reason shes not in school yet with all your trips. (Hmmm...catching on)

9. Ex should seek parenting classes. Ex said she is getting free help from victim ppl.

10. Mr. LF32's parenting time should not be reduced...in fact it should be increased. But we cant deal with that now.

11. Wed access: Instead of noon, Mr. LF32 can pick her up after work AND make up the hours another night for dinner. (I like that...less trips to QC for her). Actually I already had offered this if you recall and she refused.

12. Judge really put pressure to get a job and put D4 in school.

13. Mobility order should continue in to a final order and ex should give itinerary, etc upon exit of province. (Like my other thread stated. Except I didnt even bring it up, it wasn't even in my materials. Guess this judge didnt find it crazy aggressive and controlling..she proposed it).

The LAO lawyer agreed to LAO mediation. Im not sure how much of a waste of time that is. (Probably a big one)

He also approached my lawyer after the SC and said Looks like I have my work cut out for me. Im not sure if that means he has to vilify me even more or convince ex to put the brakes on her antics and consider settling.

LAO saw a calm, collected, resolution-focused LF32even when he tried to rile me up (thanks ODF for the training).

The Bad:

For some odd reason the judge refused disclosure of any kind. And yes it was all requested. Im not sure what to make of it as I know this disclosure is in the rulesespecially procedural items at CCs and SCs. I dont get family law.why even have the rules. I obviously couldnt argue with the judge on this..but I remain confused. She must have her reasons and I respect that I suppose.

My ex was asked to not raise her voice across the table and at one point the judge said if she did it again that she would leave. My ex was super agitated, emotional and had a mixture of crying and being combative. Her color's were shown. How will she survive in a witness box?

It was an experience thats for sure.

So where do I go from here? SC judge said this shouldnt even be going to trialbut OP wont talk settlement.

With all the above points what can I do now? Nothings an orderin fact I cant even repeat the above points from the SC judge at a trial. I love every word that came out of the judges mouthbut whats the point of those words if the briefs now in the garbage and we cant use it?

But all in all...I'm just glad its over for the day...even if Im still super confused, I'm happy to see that judges are catching on to her.

She wrote that we can have another SC if we wanted. But we're currently on the trial list for Jan/2016. (Which doesnt help for school for D4 or any other issues unfortunately). So..the Royal Road to trial continues..unless a miracle occurs and ex decides to settle. I think the former will occur and the latter is a pipe dream.