Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce Support

Divorce Support This forum is for discussing the emotional aspects of divorce: stress, anger, betrayal of trust and more.

Old 09-06-2015, 07:57 PM

shirley1011 is on a distinguished road

Funny how when it happens on her time..no explanation...but had that happened on LF32's time the sheeeet would have hit the fan...
Old 09-06-2015, 08:03 PM

LovingFather32 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockscan View Post
My two year old nephew spent a great deal of time in the hotel hot tub this week with his parents. Are they horrible people?

Kids fall down. They get scraped up. You dont need to know anything about that anymore than you would want to spend time writing it down yourself.

Quit nitpicking!
Regarding hot tubs....just wanted opinions. No biggie.

Regarding falling down stairs ... well... what Shirley said....im not bringing anything up with ex. Just curious on others thoughts.
Old 09-06-2015, 08:05 PM

blinkandimgone is a jewel in the roughblinkandimgone is a jewel in the roughblinkandimgone is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovingFather32 View Post
Hi guys. Yes, Im sticking with my gut feeling and your advice. I am also not engaging in any back and forth.

What are your thoughts on 4 year olds in hot tubs?
Child Health and Reproductive Health Publications > Keeping Our Children Safe as They Grow

From the document it seems that children under 5 should not be in a hot tub for a few reasons. Just want poster's thoughts.

What if your child returns home and says she fell down the stairs at other parents..and shows you the scabbed over gash on the inside of her bottom lip? And nothing was written in log book. Things happen with kids for sure .. no big deal. But is it worth bringing up? "D4 told me she fell down the stairs at MIL's. I understand accidents happen all the time, especially at this age .. I'd just appreciate it if ex relayed that type of stuff to me in the log book. I dont know ... would you guys bring that up if it was your kid?
Hot tubs, no big deal. Kids dont normally stay in more than a few minutes at a time anyways.

As for the fall, unless there was some kind of medical treatment required or some follow up, it seems unnecessary to write it in the book. You'll see the mark, ask what happened and the kid will tell you. There's not really any point in putting it in the book. It happens. Should it happen on your time and you're concerned about it, then write it down otherwise, just more extra words on paper that serve no purpose.

If coming home with random injuries seems to become a habit or the norm, definitely keep track of it just in the unlikely case there is more to it.
Old 09-06-2015, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkandimgone View Post
Hot tubs, no big deal. Kids dont normally stay in more than a few minutes at a time anyways.

As for the fall, unless there was some kind of medical treatment required or some follow up, it seems unnecessary to write it in the book. You'll see the mark, ask what happened and the kid will tell you. There's not really any point in putting it in the book. It happens. Should it happen on your time and you're concerned about it, then write it down otherwise, just more extra words on paper that serve no purpose.

If coming home with random injuries seems to become a habit or the norm, definitely keep track of it just in the unlikely case there is more to it.
Was thinking the exact same thing. Stupid q's. Sorry. Still learning lol
Old 09-09-2015, 10:30 AM

LAO lawyer sent me an email saying that I already brought a motion for shared transportation and lost. So I'd be on contempt of court if I kept D4 tomorrow.

That's BS. Order actually says that there were only 3 time sensitive issues that she was willing to rule on. Transportation wasn't one of them.

Again I'm confused on what to do.
Old 09-09-2015, 11:39 AM

arabian will become famous soon enough

Unless you have released your lawyer, LAO lawyer should not be emailing you directly.

DO NOT believe anything LAO lawyer tells you.
Ask yourself - why would the Opposing Counsel (OC) warn me beforehand? Would it not make sense strategically for OC to nail you for contempt afterwards?????

This is lawyer bullshit. Don't fall for this.
Old 09-09-2015, 12:14 PM

blinkandimgone is a jewel in the roughblinkandimgone is a jewel in the roughblinkandimgone is a jewel in the rough

Agreed. If this were the case it would be already in your order somewhere on transportation and they would be citing said part of the agreement to you.
Old 09-09-2015, 12:55 PM

good_mom is on a distinguished road

They just tipped their hand. This is what they are going to say to the police but will not have it.( as in the order) This will then create conflict and they are going to say that all you had to do was bring her over. Get a copy of the order for the officer, this way you validate your position and demonstrate that you have no obligation to do the driving.

Be fact driven with proof....I know it sucks to have to do that but the officer is a third party to the situation better to have it to show your credibility and that you are following the order.
Old 09-09-2015, 04:08 PM

Or do I even enter in to this high conflict mess of a driving issue. If I just drive and present as the injured party .. and that ex isn't taking consideration on D4's best interests (5:30am) ... then she only looks bad.

She's intentionally making issues out of everything to illustrate how joint wont work. Why should I enter in the charades with her?
Old 09-09-2015, 04:18 PM

MrToronto is on a distinguished road

Until the OP does something whatever they say or write is smoke and mirrors.

I remember hunting for saber tooth tigers 50,000 years ago we use to beat drums to make the tigers run (do something)....dam tigers would get so confused they were easy to pick off with a wooden spear.

One thing the LAO scumbag lawyer wanted to ensure was YOU GOT THE MESSAGE...so he bypassed your lawyer.

So something is going to happen tomorrow.(by the look of it)

Geeze junk mail for me goes right into my spam folder....it's best LAO scumbag writes to your lawyer like Arabian wrote...to ensure it's recieved

I'd get ready for a NO show tomorrow

There is only the Consent Order on Access exchanges (specifically)

Your lawyers right nobody has DEFACTO custody

Your EX assumes alot by making herself the status quo custodial parent without the Trial

Like I wrote last nite...there isn't a lot of time until Trial for this to become a issue (implied consent)....and who drives or doesn't has nothing to do with who gets custody

best intersts of child....and best parent ......history of parenting...and parenting plan

Access drives is an issue OP dreamed up "so you'll show" you can't communicate and very conflictive.

OP needs that so you can't get even JOINT.

I'd drop it (you know that) and go pick up the kid. YOU have key items for custody to work on....who does pick-ups and drop-offs had squat to do with custody.

or play the injured party and enforce your Court Orders....one for access exchanges (Consent Order) and one for specific dates (2014 Motion).