More parenting time in Covid-19 times

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More parenting time in Covid-19 times

I'm finding myself at home alot more these days with time on my hands. My ex is struggling with finding care for our two children past the March break. Her hours are flexible but on the days she has the kids, shes struggling to find someone to come to her house for a few hours to watch the kids.
    I offered to watch them half days on her days and drop them off when she gets back from work. She refuses. Went so far as to tell me that she doesnt even need to tell me who will be looking after our kids during her days. Said she may need to get someone to move in with her come April to provide care if things with covid continue as they are now.

I'm having a hard time with this.

I'm in a perfect setup to be able to care for our kids but she refuses me more time despite my offers.

Originally posted by HardWorkingDad View Post
    I'm finding myself at home alot more these days with time on my hands. My ex is struggling with finding care for our two children past the March break. Her hours are flexible but on the days she has the kids, shes struggling to find someone to come to her house for a few hours to watch the kids.
    I offered to watch them half days on her days and drop them off when she gets back from work. She refuses. Went so far as to tell me that she doesnt even need to tell me who will be looking after our kids during her days. Said she may need to get someone to move in with her come April to provide care if things with covid continue as they are now.

I'm having a hard time with this.

I'm in a perfect setup to be able to care for our kids but she refuses me more time despite my offers.
    Follow your separation agreement and if she does not welcome your offer suck it up.
    If you push you are asking for conflict.
    Document your good faith offers to assist.
    Nothing more you can or should do.
    Wash your hands and keep your distance is my advice.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
    Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
    Working...
    X