Final order and FRO's timeline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Final order and FRO's timeline

it's official...sealed and approved (the final order between ex and I)...took 2 months for the courts to get to it. Got the call from the lawyer this aft...emailed me the copy.

so I called FRO...spoke with an agent (amazingly) and asked her if I could fax her a copy...she said absolutely, it'll help speed things up (cuz I guess the courts take awhile to send it to them)...

she wants me to call back on Tuesday to verify they received the fax.

so here's my question to anyone who's kinda gone through the same thing.

Any idea how long I'm looking at until FRO finalizes it and ceases with the temp spousal and CS off my cheques??..the Final order states the whole thing commences April 1, ex signed it on April 15th.

Originally posted by Leviathan View Post
    it's official...sealed and approved (the final order between ex and I)...took 2 months for the courts to get to it. Got the call from the lawyer this aft...emailed me the copy.

so I called FRO...spoke with an agent (amazingly) and asked her if I could fax her a copy...she said absolutely, it'll help speed things up (cuz I guess the courts take awhile to send it to them)...

Any idea how long I'm looking at until FRO finalizes it and ceases with the temp spousal and CS off my cheques??..the Final order states the whole thing commences April 1, ex signed it on April 15th.
    Sounds like you are almost done. . . you can see the end at least! Maybe when you call back on Tuesday you can ask them? Post what they say here. I am interested myself. I've heard the answer really seems to depend on which way the wind is blowing that day like most governments.

Comment

Originally posted by ross_toronto View Post
      Sounds like you are almost done. . . you can see the end at least! Maybe when you call back on Tuesday you can ask them? Post what they say here. I am interested myself. I've heard the answer really seems to depend on which way the wind is blowing that day like most governments.
      I hope not (the way the wind blows for that day)...it's written out pretty clearly in the final order that SS and CS is to stop as of April. 1st

yes..come Monday or Tuesday, I'll post what FRO has to say in response to receiving my final order.

I was just hoping maybe someone else on here went through the same thing already...give me some idea on what to expect.

Comment

If it is to stop then you can give your work a copy of the order too. They can contact FRO and inquire about ceasing the garnishment.

Comment

Originally posted by Serene View Post
          If it is to stop then you can give your work a copy of the order too. They can contact FRO and inquire about ceasing the garnishment.

Never thought of that, thanks Serene

Comment

FRO tends to take the calls from employers more quickly than those from the payor. At least in my experience.

I have little faith in FRO. We send every month two cheques. One for SS and one for CS, both in same envelope. They have always cleared same day. This month they were unusually long in cashing cheques and only one cleared. Four business days after the first one cleared I called to see what the issue is and stressed that I'd be happy to rectify the situation. Not even a call back. And this was to give them money! Anyhow the other cheque eventually cleared.

Comment

FRO tends to take the calls from employers more quickly than those from the payor. At least in my experience.

I have little faith in FRO. We send every month two cheques. One for SS and one for CS, both in same envelope. They have always cleared same day. This month they were unusually long in cashing cheques and only one cleared. Four business days after the first one cleared I called to see what the issue is and stressed that I'd be happy to rectify the situation. Not even a call back. And this was to give them money! Anyhow the other cheque eventually cleared.

ok...that's good to know...thanks

as for writing cheques, why not just have them take it directly out of your account?? might be a little easier, no??

Comment

Because we have been audited by Rev can each year. And when we have to produce receipts with the info that revcan wants we then have to pay the bank for the proper receipts. And I detest paying to prove what we are already paying.

And personally, we don't give many access to pre-authorized withdrawals. Mistakes can happen and FRO has made many. Given their level of customer service and return call rates I would never put ourselves in a position that they could make an error in garnishment etc.

Comment

Because we have been audited by Rev can each year. And when we have to produce receipts with the info that revcan wants we then have to pay the bank for the proper receipts. And I detest paying to prove what we are already paying.

And personally, we don't give many access to pre-authorized withdrawals. Mistakes can happen and FRO has made many. Given their level of customer service and return call rates I would never put ourselves in a position that they could make an error in garnishment etc.

can't argue with u there

Comment

Originally posted by Leviathan View Post

Tell your employer to fill and send the opt out form on the FrRO website. Once Fro has the signed and entered orders they should stop immediately.

Comment

Originally posted by Server View Post
                      Tell your employer to fill and send the opt out form on the FrRO website. Once Fro has the signed and entered orders they should stop immediately.
                      Hey Server

Did you have a link you can send me??

Comment

http://www.forms.ssb.gov.on.ca/mbs/s...O=006-FRO-018E

This notice is used by income sources (usually employers) to communicate with the Family Responsibility Office. This form can be used by an employer or other income source to let the Family Responsibility Office know that payments will be interrupted or stopped.

Comment

Originally posted by Server View Post
                          Ontario Central Forms Repository - Form Identification

This notice is used by income sources (usually employers) to communicate with the Family Responsibility Office. This form can be used by an employer or other income source to let the Family Responsibility Office know that payments will be interrupted or stopped.

Thanks!!...this will help I'm sure

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                          Working...
                          X